Chapter 17

Chase

What the hell was he doing here?

"Hello son."

He looked still the same as he did when he left us. He looked even better now. Not a sight of grey hair could be seen. Ofcourse, he had dyed it black.

"What are you doing here?" I say in a growl. Yes, I growled.

He starred at me for a moment with those grey eyes that I hated. Hate was a strong word though and I felt every inch of it towards him.

"What you upto son?" He says like everything was normal, like we can just carry on with the simple conversation.

Oh hell with it if he thinks that.

"I'm.Not.Your.Son." I say slowly with venom in each word.

I wanted him to know how much I hated his presence. How much he hurt me, how much he had hurt us.

The flashbacks from the night when my brother died came back.

Where was he when my mom needed him the most? Where was he when my brother was laying in the pool of blood. Where the hell was he when my mom got arrested? Where was he when I was taken to the foster care until I was 18?

Where the fuckin' hell was he when I was all alone with nobody in this world to help me with?

"I hate you, Peter."

I spit his name out because I was too ashamed to call him my dad.

"You won't even listen to me, will you?"

His voice was tired. His eyes were pleading me. His face was broken and I had the urge to give in.

But I didn't.

That is what he deserved to leave us like that. Guilty as charge.

"What is there to listen? You just can't come here one day in all these years and speak to me like that and think that everything is going to be normal." I was sure my eyes were raging fire and I was spitting every word so maliciously that I could see the man in front of me cringe.

I smirked.

"I know what I did was wrong Chase. Bu-"

"THEN WHY DID YOU?" I found myself shouting and thank God Bolzerio went to grab some snacks so he wouldn't witness this shit.

"You should let me explain, Chase. Please." He was begging me. The millionaire of the Walter's Co. was begging to me?

Oh what a lovely day to be alive.

"I-I-Can you meet me-"

"Chase?" Suddenly, I hear Levi and she didn't know how grateful I was for her to interrupt Peter but then again I still didn't want her to know about my pasts and parents.

She barges in and comes to stand beside me. She looks at me confusingly and then at the man standing front of us and she seemed pretty surprised. I knew she immediately recognise him as her face showed realisation.

She didn't really know Peter but you could say our features were somewhat same which gave people the idea of Father and son.

I think she sensed the heat radiating off from us. The heat of anger I mean.

Instead of grinning like she does whenever we meet someone new, she just stays quiet.

And to be honest, I wasn't used to her silence.

I looked at her. I wanted her to speak something. I totally forgot about my dad standing right in front of us.

I know he was looking at her too. Levi's face was down as she was looking down at her shoes.

"Levi?"

Imagine my face when I heard the name coming out of my dad's mouth.

My eyes widen and I snapped my head to Peter so fast that I was afraid that something cracked inside my neck.

I narrowed my eyes at him but he was looking at Levi in confusion.

It's like everyone I know seems to know Levi too.

And I thought she was a loner.

I shake my head and sighed wondering how my dad knew Levi.

I turned my gaze to her and she was looking at my dad. It's like they were having some eye conversation with each other.

I was furious. I really hated the fact that the man standing here seem to know Levi because trust me I didn't want her to know and especially I didn't want him to know anything about Levi.

Not that I was ashamed of her but because I was afraid that what was he capable of and he surely seem to make my life a living hell.

And Levi was the only bright thing in my life which I didn't want to lose, which I wasn't willing to lose.

"What the hell is happening? How do you guys know each other?"

I look from Peter to Levi then again to Peter. I was waiting for the answers but I didn't get any so I sighed giving up.

I was damn sure Levi would tell me about this.

"Chase, dinner at my house at 8. I'll send the car to your house to pick you up." And then he looks at Levi, smiling softly at her to which she nods shyly as a greeting. "Bring Levi too, only if you want to."

He nods his head one last time to us and leave.

I didn't even get the chance to speak in this. The hell like I would attend the dinner thing.

But then again, I was curious.

Not curious about explanation because I know there wasn't anything to explain but I was more curious about him knowing Levi.

I'll try to spill the answer out of her.

I turn towards her and catch her gaze which was already watching me.

"That was your dad, wasn't he?" She mumbles and I can't help but narrow my eyes at her as she gulps.

Something was wrong.

"How do you know him Levi?" I ask politely but still you could hear the frustration in my voice.

"Dad's friend." She shrugs her shoulders but doesn't look in my eyes.

She was lying about something.

"What is it Levi." I raise my voice at her sternly.

My body froze as I realised that my face was just inches away from her.

I sensed the shiver running down her body as she she flinched from my raised voice.

I felt guilty for snapping at her like that but I couldn't help it. I wanted to know the truth about this girl standing right in front of me.

How everybody knew her but me?

Bolzerio, Elene, Albert, even Peter seem to know her.

I breathed in and out to calm my nerves. Snapping wouldn't help me.

I put my forefinger and thumb under Levi's chin and softly tilted her face up.

Her lips were just inches away. If I wanted I could just kiss her forgetting about everything and I was so tempted to do it.

Her eyes were now another shade of green as the glint of tear sparkle could be seen but I wasn't sure. It could be the tear which keeps the dust off for all I know.

"Come with me to your dad and I would explain." She says it so softly, so believing which almost made me to agree.

But one thing I was damn sure about was that I didn't know Levi at all.

And maybe that's why I found myself agreeing for the dinner to know the truth.