Fall Away; 3

~J~
College is sort of off to a super weird start. It turns out that Gav and I's new roommate is a super shy totally hot dude. Just seconds earlier, they ran out of the room in a tickle fight.

I know the relationship between Gav and I isn't anything more than friends with benefits, or atleast that's what it is supposed to be. But I like him... A lot. And I'm afraid to tell him. I fear that Eli will replace me. And they'll get together or something. Or if I tell Gav how I feel, he will reject me. Because we promised there wouldn't be any emotions involved in our 'with benefits.'

Gav and Eli come back into the room, both super quiet. I'll have to ask Gav later about what happened out there. I sit on my bed and put headphones in, not acknowledging their presence. I am really tired from my lack of sleep last night, so I want to try to take a nap.

Before the movie ended last night, I noticed Eli resting his head on Gavin. I don't know if he was awake or asleep, but I could feel the jealously spark inside of me.

I change the song to Fall Away, by Twenty One Pilots. They're coming in town soon and it'd be awesome to go with Gav. I'll have to talk to him about it.

I can hear Gav and Eli talking to one another through my headphones, so I turn the volume up. Just as I'm about to zone off, I feel a presence behind me and an arm wrap around my waist.

I know exactly who it is so I don't bother opening my eyes. Gav turned me around so I can rest my head on his chest. He rests his cheek on my mess of white hair and takes one of the headphones out of my ears and puts it in his.
"Good song..." He whispers loud enough for me to hear.

"Mmmhhh." I mumble into his chest. I meant to say 'yeah it is' but I don't think he exactly got the memo. Oh well. I shut my eyes even harder and try to sleep, but non comes.

I think about Eli, and how shy he is all the time. I haven't known him for long but I hope he opens up to me. I know he's in the room with us but I don't care. All that matters is I am close to Gav with my favorite band playing in my ears.

The next thing I know is Gav shaking me gently. "You've gotta wake up J... Come on babe. You can't sleep forever." I mumble incoherent sounds into his chest and cling onto him so neither one of us can get up.

"I don't wannnna." I say, but once again. I doubt he can understand me but it's worth a try.

"Five more minutes then I'll pick you up and throw you outta the window if you don't get up." He smiled. I settled back into him as he played with my hair. I couldn't really fall asleep again so I just enjoyed the passing five minutes curled up on Gav. It really is nice having someone to hold you.

I sit up and pull the one headphone out of my ear and look up at Gavin. I smile at him and turn around to look at him. I get up and straddle his lap. I can see Gav looking past me, probably at Eli. He looks back at me, warning that were not the only people here.

"I'm not gonna like jump you or anything, chill out." I say, wrapping my legs around his waist and hugging him. I rest my head on his shoulder. I keep telling myself he doesn't feel the same way about me. Which makes me sad, but I need to enjoy the time I have with him.

I let go of my death grip from him and stood up to walk to the little table we had and sat down at it across from Eli. I smiled at him and said hey. I looked at the clock, it was already 3 in the afternoon.

"A-are we doing something today?" Inquired Eli. I just shrugged and we both turned our attention to Gav.

"We can go to the coffee shop around the block. It's new so why not try it out?" We all agreed that's where we would go. So we all started getting ready. I took my shirt off and threw it on the ground. I needed to do some laundry today, so I had clean clothes to wear.

I didn't feel like wearing dirty clothes so I just borrowed some of Gav's. "Let's go" I gathered them up and we all exited the dorm rooms and decided to take the stairs rather than the Elevators.

Eli was walking slightly behind me and Gav was walking by my side. I know I'm not 100% fond of him, the way he looks at Gav. But that doesn't mean that he shouldn't feel like he doesn't belong with us.

We make it to the coffee shop. Gav says he will go get us stuff as me and Eli sit down. "I'll have iced tea." I don't like caffeine. I never have liked coffee or anything like that, it's just not my thing.

"Peppermint mocha latte." Said Eli. I looked at him astonished.

"That is so freaking white girl, bro. And peppermint? It's mid August for crying out loud. Wait till Thanksgiving at least." I say. Seriously, what's with this guy?

"Don't j-judge me. It tastes g-good. I should be making fun of you, f-for getting tea." I give him a look then go about my business, looking outside the window and wait for Gav to come back with my tea.

Gav sits beside me, across from Eli. I thank him and sip at my tea. "Thanks Gavin." Says Eli. He smiles and starts drinking his coffee. He shouldn't be doing that... He's using his perfect ass smile to win my man over and I won't have it.

I set my tea down and look at Gavin. He just looks at me and smiles, unaware of my thoughts. I grab the back of his neck and force his head down to kiss me. Since we were out in public I didn't make it anything more than simple closed mouth lip touching.

Once I am done, I pull away with a pleased look on my face and go back to sipping my tea. Gav knows something is up, he knows me too well to know that I just wanted to kiss him, I'm public, with all of these people around.

He just gave me a look as to say we'll talk about this later. The three of us make small talk and I find out some things about Eli, like his full name is Elijah Weary, he likes metal and acoustic music, and came from a small conservative town.

I never open up much. Gav is really the only person who knows anything about me. Well, everything about me. We've been friends since second grade, I remember the day we met. He stood up to some bullies for me at school, and we've been friends ever since. I know I have a huge goofy grin on my face right now thinking about it but I don't care.

I go back to reality and act like I wasn't just thinking of the day we first met. Yet still manage to keep the grin on my face. Eli said he wanted to go back to the dorm so he can organize his stuff for class starting soon.

I throw away my empty cup of tea and Eli's Coffee. Gav gripped his cup, because he didn't finish all of it.

We all walked side by side back to the dorms. It was a lot colder than I though it would be. Eli must've noticed me shivering because he took off his hoodie and handed it to me.

This is the first time I've seen him not wearing long sleeves. He was wearing a plain white shirt. And had his entire forearms covered in tattoos. I eyed his hoodie but decided to grab it.

I put it over my head and was overwhelmed with the sent of him. It smelled like boy. Yumm. I grabbed the sleeves with my hands and continued to walk as we made our way back to our dorm room.

--------

Authors note this time? I think so :) I hope you all are having a very Merry Christmas, or if you don't celebrate Christmas, a very good day. VOTE AND COMMENT... cause we really enjoy it!!!