ten: "I'm mad at myself."

She furrowed her eyebrows, pulling her legs closer together, feeling weirdly violated. The house owner continued to look over her body, a sickening smirk on his lips.

" Did you see anyone suspicious anywhere near the Banks' residence on the day of the accident, or the few days prior to it?" Harry questioned, taking notes in his small notepad, seemingly oblivious of the man's obnoxious behavior.

" I don't really pay attention. They keep to themselves, and so do I." The man responded, licking his lips, paying no mind to Harry as his eyes remained on her.

" Do you believe Mr. Banks could have done that?" Harry presumed.

" Who really knows what happens behind closed doors, I mean, I probably would kill my own wife if I got the chance, and knew that I wouldn't get caught."

" Are you saying that Mr. Banks was certain that he wouldn't be taken away for it?" The man didn't seem to hear Harry's question, as he stood to his feet and approached her. She sank further into her chair, but it didn't seem to deter him. He leaned in, his mouth barely inches away from her.

" Would you like something to drink? Or eat? I mean, I'm quite hungry, and I absolutely hate eating alone." His eyes left her own, falling upon her full breasts, before sliding down further. The hunger and lust behind his unkind eyes, sent an uncomfortable chill down her spine.

" She doesn't drink while on the job, sir. I'd really appreciate it if you kindly returned to your seat." Harry spoke firmly, his voice holding something to it that was quite uncharacteristic for him. The man tilted his head to the side, eying Harry almost challengingly, without really distancing himself from her.

" Are you involved with her?"

" Pardon?" The frown on Harry's forehead deepened at the unusual question.

" She's a fine lady, and I'd understand if you grew a liking to her. But if not, then I see no reason why I can't go for it."

" Go for it?" It was so odd for Harry, to hear someone speak so disrespectfully about a woman, let alone someone as exquisite and undeserving as her. He stood to his full height, wanting to regain the control over the situation that seemed to be going down the drain.

" I think I'd absolutely love to give the lady all the information she needs, and even more, if she'd appreciate the effort." The man's eyes departed her own for a mere second, before meeting them again, sending another wave of uncomfortable chills through her figure.

" I think you should keep your distance, sir. And I think we should get going." Harry's enraged eyes fell upon her obviously uncomfortable figure, as he approached them, circling his fingers around her arm and pulling her to her feet. As Harry guided her towards the front door, the man's hand touched her where he wasn't supposed to, causing an involuntary yelp to escape past her pouted lips. Harry quickly turned to face her, to find that her eyes had welled in tears, all color had left her skin, and she stood there like she couldn't quite understand what was happening. Harry was never one to lose his temper, never one to lose control over his own self, or actions, but something so overpowering, so intense had dawned on him, coursing through the boiling blood in his veins, blinding his mind completely. He didn't know how or why, but his fist collided with the man's face, sending him to the ground, hand covering his now broken nose, blood seeping through his fingers. Harry then pulled her closer to him, as he walked out of that house, crossing the road to his car.

Opening his door, he finally let go of her hand, getting into the driver's seat, trusting that she'd follow the way she always had. He had dropped his toothpick, he noticed, as he frantically began searching for something to substitute it, adrenaline still flowing through his bloodstream, keeping him on edge. As soon as his shaky hands found his pack of cigarette, she opened her door, getting into the passenger's seat and silently fastening her seatbelt. He took a single cigarette between his teeth, before mindlessly throwing the pack. He breathed in and out, desperately willing his heart to slow down, and his hands to cease their trembling, for him to be able to start the car and get them both as far away from that area as he possibly could.

" I - I'm sorry." She whispered.

" This was no way of handling yourself, Miss Montgomery." He spoke so bitterly to her, that she was slightly stunned by his tone of voice.

" I didn't know what to do, I -"

" That's the problem, isn't it? This is all too much for you. It's too big, and you're too inexperienced. This was what I've been trying to tell you all along; just because you want to do something, doesn't mean you actually can."

" There wasn't much I could do, Harry, he was all over me and -"

" And you expected me to come to your rescue. Here's the problem, Miss Montgomery, you should never expect anything from anyone, especially not from me. No one will care enough to save you, except for your own self."

She knew he didn't mean it. She knew he was angry, about something that his head was twisting around, and he couldn't really talk about it or let anyone in to see. She knew it shouldn't bother her, but it still did. The previous tears that had formed in her eyes, were now dried, since she had desperately tried to keep them from shedding. She rested her head against the chair, closing her eyes, and attempting to calm her still edgy body. It was quiet for a bit, no engine roaring to life, no words verbalized between them, barely any breathing sounds at all, before she heard him release a long sigh, breathing out with it a portion of what he held within.

" I shouldn't have taken it out on you. I'm not mad at you, I have no reason to be. I'm mad at myself, Miss Montgomery." Before she could respond, he started the engine and began driving back to the journal's building. She knew he no longer wanted to discuss the topic, so after her heart beat returned to its normal pace and her limbs didn't shake as much, she turned to face him.

" We didn't get anything from that pervert." She spoke, her features twisting in disgust. He hesitantly eyed her, a small smile forming on his lips at the sight.

" That's where you're mistaken, Miss Montgomery. I managed to find his security system's password, which means; we can hack into his cameras and see the films without needing to ask anything of that son of a bitch." His smile proudly widened, and so did her own, before he took an unexpected exit. She had to remember to ask him why he never used blinkers, but that was for another day.

________________________________________________________________________

a/n: share your thoughts please :)

also there's a new casting of Aimee; Haley Lu Richardson, and there's a gif of her in the media section!

ily x