Chapter 25 - Time Bomb

I Am Still Painting Flowers For You. (Alex Gaskarth)

Chapter 25 - Time Bomb

*7 MONTHS LATER*

I was 9 months pregnant and my mom decided to take me out instead of having a baby shower because I refused to have one. Jenny came along also. "Have fun today, babe. I'm gonna go do some grocery shopping, I love you." Alex said planting a kiss on my lips, and then walking out the door. I changed into a pink dress with white polka dots on it. Being pregnant kinda sucks sometimes, especially since I can't wear jeans. Just as I was about to sit down and call my mom, I heard a knock at the door. Confused, I walked, more like waddled, actually, over to the door. It couldn't be my mom, she wasn't supposed to be here in another hour and a half. When I opened the door, I saw a woman with glasses perched on the edge of her nose. Her blonde hair was in a tight bun that looked like it really hurt. "Hello, I'm Susan. Is Alexander Gaskarth here?" She asked with a plastic smile. "Uh, no. Sorry. I'm his wife so I can take a message if you want…" I started but her plastic smile only got even bigger. "Oh, so you must be Alice! So nice to meet you. I'm here for the paperwork on Christina, Alex's daughter." She said letting herself into the house. "Okay, yeah you can come in." I muttered under my breath. We sat at the table across from each other, but I couldn't sit still. I got up and started making coffee while Susan sat there going through some paperwork. "So, do you want custody of Christina?" Susan asked. "Uh, yeah. And if that's not possible, then Alex would really love to meet her." I said turning around to smile at her. "Coffee?" I asked. "Yes please." She said, this time giving me a real smile. "So, I'm afraid that you can't get custody of her, due to the family she's with right now is good. If she were in a bad environment, then we would give her over, but since it's clean over there we can't do anything. But you can definitely meet her. We actually already have her on and her family on a plane over here, so tomorrow would be good to meet her." Susan smiled. "Thank you so much!" I shouted. "It's no problem at all, Alice. Congrats on the baby." She smiled and then walked out. 

In the middle of the lunch with my mom, I started feeling weird. "Are you okay sweetie?" My mom asked me. "Yeah, just a little weird…" I said. I looked down to see water pooling through my dress and running down my legs. "Mom…" I said shocked. "Yes sweetie?" She said drinking her orange juice. "My water just broke." She spit out her orange juice and rushed over to my side, and helped me up, but I was in too much pain. The pain was so bad that the only thing I could hear were distant shouts from my mother to call Alex. Next thing I knew, I was sitting in my mom's car, screaming in pain. "Don't worry sweetie, we're almost at the hospital." When we finally arrived at the hospital, it's like they were waiting for my arrival. 

"DAMN IT WHERE IS MY HUSBAND?!" I screamed and then gripped the sides of the of the bed. "Sh, he's coming." Jenny said trying soothe me. "SHUT UP JENNIFER!" I screamed and she just laughed at me. "Everyone, out of the room, the husband is here." The doctor rushed through. I saw Alex come into the room, and he rushed over towards me, kneeling beside my bed. "Hey, baby. You're doing great, okay? I know it hurts, but it will all be worth it soon." He said, and right after I screamed out in pain. Alex stroked my hair, trying his best to calm me down. "Sh, it's okay baby. You're doing so well." 

About two hours later, I gave birth to a baby boy named Austin Jacob Gaskarth. "He looks just like you." I said to Alex, leaning into his side as we lay together in the small hospital bed with our new baby. Alex smiled at me and leaned into kiss me. Just then I saw a familiar tight bun outside the door, and when the door opened, I saw a girl who was a splitting image of Lisa.