Chapter 5

*TRIGGER WARNING* Sexual Abuse, Rape

When we arrived at the party, everyone stared at me like I was an outsider. Or possibly that was just my paranoia setting in. Roman's random outburst had unsettled me and thrown my focus. What could he possibly expect me to see him as? He's a criminal. My heart tinged with pain at my conclusion. 

"Just because he was a criminal doesn't mean he was an entirely bad man." I whispered to myself.

The blasting bass of the reggae music causing everyone to sway was giving me a headache. I felt so out of place. A nudge to my ribs brought me back to reality. I looked up in answer to Redding.

"Take your hair out of the ponytail and speak with an accent." He said softly.

"What?! That wasn't part of the plan."

"It is now."

I followed his directions and choose a British accent. It's the only one I could pull off. Roman grabbed my hand and placed a kiss on it. I had half a mind to draw back and kick him where the sun doesn't shine. But I decided to roll with it for the sake of the mission. Soon an older good looking man came up to us. He had his long black hair pulled in a fitting ponytail and he was wearing a Hawaiian shirt with it opened. His skin was sun-kissed but his scars and wrinkles showed signs of a very hard life. 

"Hello, Roman. And who is the beautiful woman?" he asked.

He has a Spanish accent. Intoxicating.

"This is..." Roman started.

"Hello, I'm Sammy. And you are?" I said in my best English accent.

"Excuse me for being so rude. I am Michael Cork. Pleased to meet you."

"Um, Sammy. I am going to find Redding and Daniel. Keep Mr. Cork company tell I return."

"Um, ok darling."

Roman stalked away to find Redding. I could tell he didn't like it as much as I didn't.

"My Dear, this way."

He led me to the cabana. As we were walking I tried to spot Roman, to signal where we were going. I didn't see him. My heart dropped a little. I didn't see Redding or Daniel.

"Here we are. We can talk more in private, mi amour."

Creepmeter on 25 right about now.

"Thank you, Mr. Cork."

He took a seat on the bed and I grabbed a seat on the chair next to the door.

"Don't be shy. Come sit next to me."

"I really quite fine where I am sir."

"It is rude to defy your host." he laughed. 

Defy? Defy? 

I wanted nothing more than to run out the door and find Roman. But my mission was to distract him and if I couldn't handle a simple task like that than I wouldn't make a very good field agent. I slowly proceeded to sit on the opposite side of the bed. He walked over to my side and placed a glass of brown liquor on the night stand next to me. 

"So, Sammy? How did you and Roman meet?"

He kidnapped me. Of course I couldn't say that because it would blow my cover but it's the truth.

"Um, I was a friend of his girlfriend that passed."

"Wow. He brought one that's a little closer to him. Usually you people are nobodies. " he said while he stroked my arm up and down.