29

"Shit" said Cheryl as she heard a knock at the door. The midwife had just visited Kimberley to do a small check up on her eight month scan. She had only been there roughly ten minutes before the door went again. Cheryl didn't want to leave Kimberley's side.

"You should go answer it babe" said Kimberley as the younger girl and the midwife supported her to lay down on the floor, on her back. The midwife lifted Kimberley's top up as far as she could, showing her bra a little, to have better access to her.

Cheryl looked at Kimberley, then at the direction of the door, then back at Kimberley again. Cheryl groaned as she left Kimberley's side to answer the door. 

"Justin" Cheryl said, looking at the man who was standing outside his old house.

"Hey" he smiled, somewhat nervously.

"Come in" said Cheryl after a moment of stunned silence. She hadn't seen him in around six months and he didn't say that he was visiting. Justin nodded to her and stepped inside.

"How is everything?" he asked her, his hands in his pockets. She couldn't work out if he was nervous about being around his ex girlfriends new partner or that he hadn't visited Kimberley at all since he found out he was going to have another child.

Cheryl and Kimberley didn't blame him for not visiting so Cheryl hoped he would soften up soon. He had moved away to start a new life as Kimberley had already started hers. He knew the two women wanted him to be a part of the little boy's life but he wasn't sure how it would work.

He also, of course, wanted to be a part of his sons life so he found a way he could make that happen.

"The midwife is just checking her over now" she said, unable to keep the smile off her face. "Do you want to come through?" she asked him. He hesitated before nodding politely and following her with his head down.

"Kimba look" the Geordie said to her girlfriend as they entered the room. Kimberley looked up from where she was laying to see the father of the baby looking back down at her, his eyes fixed on where his baby was growing inside.

"Justin" Kimberley smiled, feeling a little strange that her ex-boyfriend was looking at her while she was half naked.

"Hey Kim" he replied, grinning back at her before turning his attention back to Kimberley's eight month bump.

Cheryl kneeled back down next to Kimberley and held her hand. She turned to Justin and patted the space next to her. His feet seemed stuck to the floor for a few moments before he made his way over to them and kneeled down next to Cheryl.

"Do you mind a moment?" Cheryl said politely to the midwife.

"Not at all, I will just get everything sorted" she replied with a smile before getting up and removing a few things from her large bag.

"Here" Cheryl said as she took hold of Justin's hand and carefully placed it on Kimberley's belly. He was shaking slightly. Kimberley watched Cheryl as she lowered her head to the bump.

"Are you going to kick for daddy?" she said softly. There was nothing for a few moments, then Kimberley lifted Justin's hand and moved it to the side of her belly.

"Feel it?" she asked him. The two women saw the smile grow on his face as he felt his son kick for the first time.

"I've told Chloe she's going to have a little brother" commented Justin after he pulled his hand back and moved away so the midwife could continue with what she visited for.

"Yeah?" said Kimberley while the midwife felt her belly.

"Yeah, she's pretty excited" he said. He saw Kimberley smile in response to him.

"How come you're down here then?" wondered Cheryl as she played with Kimberley's hair.

"That's what I came here to say... I've moved down here" he said. Both Cheryl and Kimberley looked at him with questioning but friendly stares.

"You know, just so you know I'm always here if you need someone to look after him or if you two want some alone time..." his voice got quieter towards the end of his sentence. His speech was much better planned out in his head.

"Thanks Justin" Kimberley replied with a giggle at his reasons.

"This baby will need a dad as well, so maybe Kimberley and I will have more alone time than planned" she grinned with a wink. Justin blushed and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Cheryl" said Kimberley in a tone that Cheryl knew exactly how she meant it. Cheryl's mouth dropped open for a moment as she remembered Kimberley and Justin's past and how he still wanted her. It was Cheryl's turn to rub the back of her neck.

"It's okay, you know" he said, noticing the womans discomfort and embarrassment and how Kimberley looked at her when she slipped up.

"Sorry" mumbled Cheryl, looking up at him.

"Really, it's okay. I'm... I'm, err, with someone else now" he said with a smile. Kimberley raised her eyebrows to him as the midwife started packing her things away.

"That's great" replied Kimberley, genuinely happy for him and slightly relieved. "Is she living with you?" she asked.

"Yeah" he answered.

"Right that's you all set Kimberley, I'll be off now. Give me a ring if you're worried about anything" said the midwife as she helped Kimberley up off the floor.