47

Cheryl used her keys to let herself in which made Kimberley jump.

"Cheryl? How come you're home early?" she asked while walking over to the other woman and noticing the look on her face. She smiled at Kimberley, but it wasn't a big one.

"Hey Kimba" she said, ignoring her question. She took Kimberley by the hand and lead her into the living room where she sat on the sofa and pulled the older woman down with her. She lifted her feet onto the sofa while she leant against Kimberley. They wrapped their arms around each other and Kimberley waited until Cheryl was ready to talk.

"I got sent home" she said quietly. "I'm so sorry Kimba" she added with a sigh and shaking her head at the thoughts going through her mind.

"What happened babe?" she asked softly, holding Cheryl tighter and closer to herself.

"This has been one of the worst days of me whole life" she stated. Kimberley instantly felt bad for her girlfriend even though she had no idea what happened.

"I lost it... in front of everyone" she sniffed to stop herself from feeling emotional about it, she didn't want to cry just yet. Kimberley kissed her on the head which encouraged Cheryl to carry on.

"It's going to be all over the papers tomorrow" she said with a silent tear falling down her face.

"What is?" the older woman asked after noticing the silence.

"Some guy auditioning... although he just went there to have a go at us" she replied, breathing in deeply and back out again, her breath shaking. Kimberley stayed quiet and waited for her to continue.

"He called us sick, a dyke, hinted that I shouldn't be calling Scott me son" she cried, letting the tears flow freely down her face as she relived it. Ever since Cheryl and Kimberley come out together, they'd obviously had one or two bad comments but there were nothing compared to this. It shocked Cheryl more than it hurt her.

"He doesn't know what he's talking about, baby" Kimberley whispered to her, stroking her hair as she was still curled up close to her. She felt disgusted someone could say such a thing to her girlfriend, it made her feel physically sick.

"I know... because that wasn't the worst part" she said hesitantly. Kimberley briefly stopped moving her hand in Cheryl's hair before carrying on again, wondering what he could of said.

"He said that... he said some nasty things about you" she mumbled, her hand gripped onto Kimberley's arm as if she would cry and never stop if Kimberley were to move.

"Don't worry about me babe" she reassured her even though she knew her words would be a lost cause. Cheryl was always so fiercely protective over Kimberley.

"I wasn't just going to sit there and take it when he said shit about you" she said maybe a little too harshly. She chewed on her bottom lip to try and calm herself down a bit.

"What did you say?" the older woman asked while feeling awful for Cheryl.

"I swore a lot and told him to burn in hell in front of all them people" she sighed and mentally kicked herself so being so stupid. She should have let security come on straight away but morbid curiosity got the better of her in that moment and now wasn't sure why.

"Hmm" said Kimberley while thinking it over.

"Are you mad at us?" the Geordie wondered, closing her eyes tightly, bracing herself for Kimberley's reply.

"No babe, of course not" she answered truthfully. She wouldn't have expected anything less from her.

"Are you sure?" she asked.

"Positive baby, You said them things for me so how could I be mad? You were just protecting me" she replied with a smile.

"I'd protect you over anything... I'd do anything for you" she said softly and meant every word.

"I know" Kimberley replied while moving her hair out the way of her forehead to place a kiss there.

"I'd die for you" the younger girl whispered after a moment of silence, her grip tightening on Kimberley. Tears filled both their eyes at her powerful words, both of them knowing how true what she just said was. Even if it was in the most painful way, she'd rather go through with it than to see Kimberley hurt.

"Me too... I love you" Kimberley replied, feeling the exact same as how Cheryl felt about it.

"You and Scott are the only ones I feel this way for" said Cheryl. "Me lovely little family. I love you both to bits" she smiled happily. Just thinking about the two of them made her feel happy, no one could ever get in the way of that.

Kimberley put two fingers under Cheryl's chin and gently lifted her head to look at her. They both shared a look into each others eyes before leaning in and kissing softly on the lips.

"I'm cold" the younger girl said after they broke away from the short but meaningful kiss.

"I'll get us a blanket and we can watch some TV, yeah?" said Kimberley before getting Cheryl to change positions so she could get up.

"Yeah please babe but be quick... I'll miss you" the Geordie smiled, not taking her eyes off her girlfriend.

"I'm only popping upstairs" she grinned, amused. She placed a kiss on Cheryl's head.

"I know"