Can You Manage? (1D Fanfic)

Hello everyone. This is my first 1D Fanfic. I just wanted all of you to know that the first three chapters have nothing to do with the band, however, it's vital information to know throughout the story. If you just really hate slow beginnings, then go to chapter three. I promise as this story goes, things get a whole lot more exciting. The first three chapters are like the prologue I guess.

--------------------------

Ping! That's the sound of the metal bat hitting against the softball. I toss the bat aside and make a run to first. I don't stop there, I dash to second. People are screaming, and I watch an outfielder throw the ball to the pitcher. I have enough time to make it to third base. The ball is still traveling through the air when I get there. Then that's when I make my decision. Within a split second, I decide to make the run of my life. I sprint to home, using as much energy as possible. I hear more cries. The pitcher throws the ball to the umpire. I extend my arms and push off from the ground and slide on my belly like a penguin, with dust flying from my sides. I touch home base just as I hear the thwack of the ball hitting against the umpire' s glove. The dust clears, and it's all quiet. You could hear a pin drop. Literally. I look up at the umpire.

"Safe!" he cries, and a cheer erupts from the crowd. I just won our first softball game.

"Hayley! You did it! exclaimed my teammate, and best friend, Jordyn. She grabbed me in a bear hug. We were at our team's after party. Everyone was dressed up. I wore a blouse and a pink skirt. My long brown hair was curled.

"I know!" I said as I let go of Jordyn, whose our second baseman. "I'm amazing."

"Brag much?" she responded. I smirked.

"So how did you your skate competition go?" Jordyn asked with curiosity in her voice.

"I'm advancing to the finals." I say, proudly. Along with softball, I also do competitive figure skating. Here in Richmond, you can't really do much. It's a major city in Virginia, but it's all about history. American past. Bleh. History is boring in my book.

It was nine thirty when I got home. I grabbed my bat and helmet and trudged upstairs. Mom grabbed my book bag and sport bag. I was exhausted. I walked up the stairs like a zombie. I was then greeted by my eighteen year old brother, Mason.

"Heard you won!" he cried, extending his arms.

"YES!" I cried, hugging him.

"Hi, Hayley," My sister, Kenzie said. She was eleven, while I was fifteen.

"Hi," I said as I hugged her. "We won today!"

"congrats!" she said

"Lemme take that," Mason said as he grabbed my bat and helmet. "shower up and I'll make your bed."

"Thanks." I yawned.

When I got out of the shower, I dried my hair and brushed my teeth. I put my clothes in my hamper and laid new ones out for tomorrow. For a brief time, I practiced my guitar. By that time, it was ten thirty, and I decided to go to bed. I jumped into my covers and put in my headphones. I fell asleep listening to my favorite band, One Direction.