Chapter 35

"I was only jokin'." Said Liam, giving me a shove. "Simon talked to your family and promised that you'd be ok. The only reason why they let you go, was because they needed the money. Trust me, it was VERY hard to convince them that you'd be ok."

"Oh." I said, biting my lip.

"What Liam MEANT to say," exclaimed Harry "was, we don't think of you as one of our managers, we think of you as one of our best friends. You help us when we have inside problems."

"You're there for us when we get hurt." said Niall.

"We've got LOADS of inside jokes." said Zayn.

"And you look out for us." added Harry. "so now it's time for us to return the favor."

I raised my eyebrows, trying to hold in my tears.

"We're NOT taking OUR eyes off you until your ankle heals." said Louis. "And we are going to take good care of you."

"Well, gee, thanks." I said, kind of flustered. "But Liam's stepping on my foot."

Liam lifted his foot. "Sorry." he said.

-------------

The morning after Red Robin, I was wheeled through the airport.

"Guys." I said. "Let me do this myself."

"Not on OUR watch." said Louis, swiveling me through fans. The girls kept knocking into my leg, and it hurt so bad.

"Lou!" I cried, wincing as a girl accidentally kicked my boot. "This hurts!"

"We're almost there." he said, running as fast as he could. The boys were following closely behind, and the paparazzi were taking so many pictures and yelling out names. The bodyguards were behind us; surrounding the boys.

Suddenly, a girl knocked into my leg, and I went flying out of my wheelchair.

"Hayley!" Louis yelled. He pushed the wheelchair aside, and dropped to the ground to my aid.

I started crying. "I can't do this."

Louis picked me up, and carried me bridal style. "Once we get on the plane, we'll give you some Advil, Harry's got it in his carry on." One of the bodyguards grabbed my wheelchair and folded it up. I could hear the clicks of the paparazzi behind us. I honestly wasn't in the mood to face people.

"We made it." said Louis, throwing the boarding passes to the person by the gate and running in. This plane didn't have a first class, so we'd be flying with the rest of the passengers. I glanced around and saw a few teenage girls. The plane only had six spots left.

"Crap!" Lou cried, as the rest of the boys came in behind us. "The plane's full!"

Suddenly, people started cheering and clapping. "Aw man." I said.

"Give her to me, Louie." said Harry. Louis turned around in the narrow isle, barely hitting my leg against a chair, and handed me to Harry.

"Oh, God." he said, after almost dropping me.

"I've got a heavy boot on." I added "and a lot of swelling."

The boys found their seats. Niall was in between too teenage girls who were screaming. I felt sorry for him.

"Switch." I said, when Louis took his seat next to me and Harry.

"Where?" he asked. I pointed to Niall, being bombarded with questions.

Lou sighed. "fine." he said. "This'll be fun."

"Actually, it probably will be." I said.

So after the plane took off, Harry gave me some medicine on my right, and Niall fell right asleep on my left. It was funny to watch him sleep though. His mouth was open the entire time.

"Should I put an Advil in his mouth?" Harry whispered to me.

"You should kiss his mouth." I said, laughing.

Harry rolled his eyes. "I dare YOU to do that."

"What?! No! That would cause a ruckus on the plane!" I said.

"Chicken." Harry said. Then he started clucking like a chicken.

"What're you guys doing?" Asked Zayn from behind us. Liam leaned over in his seat across from us to see too.

"I dared Hayley to kiss Niall on the mouth." said Harry. "But she won't do it."

"Ooh." said Liam. "That's totally inappropriate."

There's our Daddy Direction.

"But sounds cool!"

There's our foolish boy we always knew.

"Do it!" Zayn said. "I bet you Harry, that she won't do it, for the cost of shaving your curls when you sleep."

"WHAT?!" Harry cried, nearly waking Niall. Zayn nodded.

"Well I bet you a hundred pounds that she WILL do it." Harry said back. Then he turned to me. "Please do it, I don't want my curls to be shaved!"

I laughed. "You seriously think that Zayn's gonna-" I looked at Zayn. Ok, maybe he would do something like that, even though management would KILL him.

I sighed. "Fine." I said, taking off my seat belt.

"Woo!" Harry cried, punching his fist into the air.

"But not while his mouth is open." I said, and as if he heard me, he immediately closed his mouth.

"OOOOOOOH!" Zayn cried. "Don't do it, Hayley!"

I really didn't want to, although I always wanted to when I was just a normal fan. Weird how things change when you get to know someone.

I sighed, and quickly turned my head and planted a kiss on his lips, drawing back real quickly.

Harry, Zayn, and Liam cracked up, and Niall stirred.

"How did that feel, Hayley?" Asked Liam.

"Weird." I said. "Niall's not a good kisser when he sleeps."

That made the boys crack up again. Suddenly Niall awoke.

"Sleeping beauty has been awakened!" shouted Niall.

"What?!" I cried. "You know about..."

"Sweetheart," Niall started, patting my head. "I wasn't really sleeping."

I gasped.

"That just makes Niall a terrible kisser in general." said Liam, chuckling. Niall's jaw dropped. "Meanie." he said. We all cracked up.