Chapter 34

After taking 20 minutes to put a shirt and skirt on, we proceeded out of the hotel. I was getting used to carrying myself around in the wheelchair, but the boys always tried to push me around. They kept hitting things, especially Niall, so I fired him from pushing me.

"Ready to go?" Louis asked. He opened the door for me. I carefully wheeled out when Harry beat out Zayn to the back of my wheelchair and began sprinting down the hallway.

"Harry!" I yelled. "Stop! I'm gonna DIE!"

Harry came to a stop in front of the elevator. He casually pressed the button, and waited. I examined him. He as wearing a white dress shirt and a tie with black dress pants and his peacoat. I was wearing my baby blue peacoat and hat, nixing the scarf and mittens.

------------

"So...how are we going to do this?" I asked, when we stood behind the transparent hotel doors. There were fans screaming on the other side, and the paparazzi were taking pictures. All five of us were trying to figure out how to get me through the crowd.

"There's the taxi." said Liam, pointing outside. Suddenly, three of the boys' bodyguards came to help. One grabbed my chair, and two stood in front of the boys as we made our way to the taxi. The paps kept asking questions about us, and mainly about my ankle. It was crazy. Girls kept getting in the boys' faces to get photos. Though it was slightly intimidating, I decided not to punch everyone in my way. Besides, this trip to eat a very late dinner was to benefit the paparazzi, and the boys' stomachs.

So after Niall picked me up, bridal style, and placed me in the car, Louis folded my wheelchair and threw it in the trunk. He swiftly swung himself in the car, and shut the door. The bodyguards took a cab behind us.

I was sitting in between Liam and Niall, and in front of me were Zayn, Louis, and Harry. I was silent for part of the ride, and surprisingly, not tired since it was 11:00. I mean, I did sleep for eight hours, and the boys always had a bunch of energy after the shows. So much had happened today though, that it went to my head. I sat there, staring at my boot. The Advil diminished the pain a bit, but I still felt horrible. Against all odds though, I began to cry.

"No! Don't cry!" said Liam, patting my knee. The boys in front of us turned around to face us.

"Does it hurt?" Niall asked.

"A little bit, but that's not the problem."

"What's the matter then?" Liam asked

"My. Life. Is. Over!" I cried. So much devastation happened between the last two weeks, it made me want to just give up everything.

"No, Love." Said Niall. He wrapped his good arm around me. "You've just been going through some hard times."

"What's my family going to think?" I cried, leaning on Niall's shoulder. "What if they think that I am too helpless, and want me back home? I can't go, I've got a contract, but if I didn't have a contract, then what would I do? I'm helping mom pay the mortgage and utility bills, since she doesn't have a job, and my dad is working himself out. That's the only reason she let me go. She disliked the fact that I wouldn't go to school, and that I would be traveling the world with you guys, who are practically strangers to her, and at such a young age, but you know what? She let me do it. Before, it was Shelby who was helping us pay for the bills, but now that she's gone, no one else but me is. And you know what? I get homesick very often. I'm just a fifteen year old girl, MANAGING a world-wide band, for crying out loud! What Makes me qualified?!"

I collapsed in tears again. Then Niall and Liam exchanged glances.

"Look." said Liam, adjusting his seat belt. "There's something we have to tell you."

All the other boys turned to stare at Liam. "You want to tell her now?" asked Zayn.

Liam nodded. "Hayley, you are not our co-manager."

"What? What was the work I was doing backstage for?"

Liam shrugged. "beats me, but you do a good job at it."

"Wait, then why was I...?

Liam sighed, I could tell that this was going to be interesting.

-------------

Haha! I'm not telling anyone who Hayley is! You'll just have to come back and read the next chapter! Mwahaha!