v

"I have absolutely no idea what I should wear" Avery said indecisively

"I have absolutely no idea what I should wear" Avery said indecisively. She had tried on at least a dozen dresses by now which had resulted in the giant pile of clothes in front of her drawers. I had been waiting for her for what felt like hours. Almost all of the dresses looked good either way, but she aimed to outshine all the cheerleaders - my theory is that the mysterious guy that she has been talking about is coming, but she won't admit anything. I had already gotten ready, just wearing a simple pair of black suit pants and a baby blue one shoulder top. Having the extra time on my hands I tried curling my hair and applying a little bit of makeup.

"Avery, it doesn't matter what dress you'll be wearing - it will look good anyway" she shifted her whole attention on me before returning my compliment with a big smile. She looked back at herself in the mirror and sighed. "I- i just want to make sure that i look my best" I furrowed my eyebrows and decided to stand up next to her, looking at her in the mirror. As far as i was concerned, she had nothing to worry about: she was breathtaking, and she didn't even have to try. I turned towards her and laid my hands on her shoulders.

"You look great. I know we don't know each other that well, but i'm sure that any guy would be more than lucky to be with a girl like you - and i'm also talking about that mysterious guy who i'm suspecting is coming tonight" she grinned before embracing me in a heartfelt hug. At first i was surprised, but then soon after wrapped my arms around her as well. She broke the hug and continued to rummage through her clothes. Another 20 minutes went by before she was ready to leave. She settled on a tight fitting grey dress that went right above her knee. We grabbed the last of our stuff and decided on taking a cab to Amelia's house. The whole day I had wondered if the reason why the party is at her house is because she doesn't live in the dorms - but it could also just be because the dorm rooms are tiny and not suitable for bigger gatherings.

The drive to the house wasn't very long, considering Amelia lived fairly close to campus. When the cab pulled over at the house, both me and Avery were stunned at the size of the place. Even the front yard looked expensive with tons of flowers neatly organized around a marble water fountain. The house had to be ridiculously expensive. We knocked on the door and not many seconds passed before a clearly intoxicated guy wearing a varsity jacket opened the door. He looked at us before shrugging and walking back to whatever he was doing. We stood in the entrance, not really knowing how to act - i mean, we didn't know any of the people here. The only good part is that they all were probably too drunk to look at us weirdly or notice how misplaced we may have looked.

"Oh, hi guys. You are just in time to join beer pong - i need someone on my team" Amelia ran over, clearly very drunk. I politely declined her offer whereas Avery gladly accepted, and the two ran towards the table where the usual red cups were placed in a triangle. "A and A are gonna destroy you!" Amelia yelled at their opponents: two guys who I hadn't seen before. They answered the girls with a snarky remark, which made Avery scoff and position herself to throw the ball.

"You might be the only person who thinks it's more fun to watch other people play beer-pong than play it yourself" I looked behind me only to find Tayler standing there, looking at me with curiosity written all over his face. I just shrugged because I didn't know what to answer to that. He moved so he stood right beside me and then took a sip from the red cup in his hand. He turned towards me and offered me some of it. I smiled before turning him down, to which I got a confused look from him. "You don't drink?" I nodded, explaining to him that I just wasn't feeling it tonight. He looked at the cup before placing it on a side table beside him. "That's unfortunate - i really wanted to get to know you better tonight" he looked at me sheepishly. I turned my whole attention towards him. "Well i suppose that can't happen now because, to be able to get to know each other it is crucial that you both are drinking" I answered him sarcastically. Without further notice I spun around and walked out of the door which led me back to the front yard. Sitting on the fountain I started to notice how gorgeous the flowers around the fountain were. Completely gone in my own thoughts, I didn't even notice that Tayler had sat himself on the fountain as well.

"I didn't mean anything with what i said, if that's why you got so angry" he said looking at me. I looked at him before apologizing for storming out like that - i didn't want to come off as rude, especially considering how nice he had been to me.

"So you're a jock?" I asked him, referring to the varsity jacket he wore. He nodded and answered "Shocking right?" I furrowed my eyes at him before staring into the darkness that completely surrounded us, besides the lights coming from the house. "Well I must admit, it's not everyday I meet a jock who finds social and atmospheric science compelling" He laughed in response and was about to answer me when we were interrupted.

"Dude where have you been? You have to come see the stash Amelia's dad has in their basement" a guy said while running towards us. He stopped in his tracks when he saw that Tayler wasn't alone. As with Tayler he too was wearing a varsity jacket. I instantly remembered how misplaced I felt due to the fact that the majority of the people here were either cheerleaders or football jocks with the exception of me, Avery and two girls who I didn't recognize. As the guy neared us he flicked his eyes between me and Tayler. I blushed and fiddled with my fingers out of embarrassment. "Tayler you didn't tell me that you knew a girl this gorgeous?" My face instantly reddened a hundred times more than it did before. But this time it was purely because I felt second-hand embarrassed by the cringy remark. Tayler just laughed and introduced me to the overconfident jock whose name was Lee. He nodded and examined me with his eyes going up and down my body a few times - I instantly felt uncomfortable and excused myself. Inside the house the music was loud as ever and I could only wonder how the neighbors felt about this considering the party had been on for a couple of hours now. I scanned the room trying intensely to find Avery, only to find her sitting next to yet another jock.

jocks galore.

He didn't look as cocky as the previous guy, but looks can be deceiving. I know all about that. Walking towards them I immediately saw how happy she looked, making me jump to the conclusion that this was the guy that she had been so anxious to meet. They both looked highly intoxicated and even from across the room, I could feel the sexual tension between them. Though I knew that she liked the guy, I couldn't justify letting her do anything while being this drunk. So I sat myself right next to her which made her squeal in excitement and lean her whole body on me for support. The guy looked at me weirdly as if I was intruding but I shook it off and mainly focused on Avery whose dress had started to ride up her thighs. Before anyone got to see anything unholy I quickly pulled it down. "Avery i think it's time to go" she nodded before turning to the other side and giving the guy a kiss. I mentally rolled my eyes seeing how satisfied he looked. He placed his hand on her neck and before a whole makeout session could happen, I pulled on Avery's hand which made her stop and stand up. She farewelled him and we headed towards the door, saying our bye's to Amelia on the way.

"He's cute, right?" Avery said while holding onto my arm. I couldn't really focus on what she was saying, being too concentrated on dialing the taxi number. When the taxi was on the way, I put my phone in my bag now concentrating on Avery. "And he was such a good kisser" she said dreamily.

"I bet" I answered, not really paying attention to what she was saying. In the distance I saw two figures, standing suspiciously close and talking. I soon recognized the two people - it was Tayler and Olivia. I mentally scoffed, laughing at the fact that I even believed him for a second. Note to myself: you can never trust a guy who wears a varsity jacket.

The taxi arrived shortly after, making me realize that Avery was half-asleep on my shoulder with drool hanging from her mouth. I internally groaned seeing my shoulder shiny from the saliva. Placing Avery into the back of the taxi, I decided to get in the front. The driver looked careless and started driving as soon as I told him the address. Looking back at Avery to make sure she wasn't getting choked in her own drool every minute wasn't my ideal way of ending the night.