Chapter 2 - Be His Rebound

Noelle's POV

Kent, Nate said that he needs you to you go to our house later, he will just ask for your help to revise his thesis, he badly needed your help since he can't ask help from his idiot twin I said to Kent who is sitting beside me, he is again on his phone, I saw that it was on Elaine's instagram feed, he made another account so he can stalk her since Elaine blocked him in her all social media accounts. But the latest feed of Elaine in IG is also three months ago, it was just a picture of Kent inside the soccer field.

Okay he answered and closed his phone and just looked outside, we can see the large field from here since it was in the center of our school, that was our soccer field, Kent and Elaine was both soccer player.

That is also one of the reason why Kent likes Elaine so much, they have same hobbies, and sports. They are both athletic.

I saw how Kent changed his face when he was staring at the field, maybe some memories pass through his mind that's why I can't stop myself to touch his face and guided it to face me.

And when I saw that his forehead is frowning, I came closer at his face and kissed his forehead, he immediately shoved my face away from him and saw the anger on his eyes.

Why did you do that? He whispered angrily.

I can't help but feel hurt on his reaction.

That's what I was doing before Kent, when I saw you frowning, I will just kissed your forehead to make it disappear, right? I said while my lips is shivering, he just ignored me and just looked at the board.

That was before Elle, you should not do that anymore, we are not kids Elle he answered while still not looking at me, I held his hand and shook it for him to look at me again.

Why? I replied.

He immediately frowned his eyebrow, puzzled about what I asked.

What do you mean Elle? He finally asked, I felt that there's some tears that wants to fell from my eyes and I felt that my eyes is already heating inside.

Why do I feel like I am not worthy enough of your attention, why I feel like you forgot about me? Why are you ignoring me, why it seems like you forgot all the memories that we had Kent? I bombarded him with a lot of questions, I just can't help myself to let it out because it seems like my heart will bursting out from so much ache.

I am so much hurting to the point that I want him to know it as soon as possible. I don't even care about other people inside this room, I just want now to get answers from every questions that I asked from him.

He stared at me for more than 10 seconds, maybe wondering what is happening to me, this is the first time that I asked him this ever since Elaine came to our life.

Because I always showed to him that I am content with what's happening, that I am happy for the both of them, that I am supporting them but deep inside I am not.

I always dreamed that I was the one who is holding his hand, I was the one who he hugged and kissed dearly. I was the one who he was told 'I love yous' sweetly.

Let's go to rooftop, let's talk he just said after he stared at me and stood up and started to walk outside our room, our classmate just looked at him and then looked at me after, I saw on their face that they are questioning me. I just ignored them and just fixed myself and also stand up to follow him.

Before I go out, I was called by Caleb, Kent's teammate in soccer varsity.

I know that he wants to ask what happened since I know that they felt the tension between me and Kent a while ago.