Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Dayden's final words before leaving had River flushed in embarrassment. She quickly checked under the baggy tee shirt and boxers that Dayden had dressed her in, to discover that she was still wearing her bra and panties from the day before. It gave her some relief to know that at least Dayden had not completely undressed her. She assured herself that really it was no different than him seeing her wearing her bikini. Still the thought of him undressing her at all, made her heart flutter. River fought the remnants of the mixture of drugs and alcohol still swirling in her system and climbed into the hot shower. It felt so good to wash the previous day away.

As she stood under the hot soothing shower, she had to wrap her mind around the fact that she was now living at Special Ops. She knew she had a right to be angry, but the truth was that when Dayden had picked Hailey at the Mate Selection ceremony, River had felt a deep well of disappointment consume her. She hadn't realized how much she had started to accept the idea of Dayden choosing her, until he didn't. Dayden choosing Hailey had been a surprise. Actually if she was going to be totally honest, it had been a huge shock, especially after he had kissed River not just once but twice.

River knew she should be furious at Dayden for taking her from Braxton Hall without her knowledge, especially after finding out she had been drugged. Yet, when she thought about his confession, that he felt something for her right from the start, she had to admit that it gave her a warm fuzzy feeling all over. When he confessed that he wanted to pick River all along and that it was her actions that had deterred him, she knew deep down that he had been telling the truth.

River decided that since she was already at Special Ops, no matter how it happened, she might as well make the best of it. Saying that though did not make her want to forgive the girls for what they had done. She had been surprised and hurt to hear that Sandra was involved. She thought Sandra was her friend. As for the other two girls - Tiffany and Meghan, she had never so much as spoken to them before their unexpected visit to her room. She understood them sticking up for Hailey, but what they did to River was not right. Now she was stuck with all three of them now. She wasn't sure how she would handle it the next time she saw them. She was definitely angry and she wasn't ready to forgive them any time soon. That much she knew for certain.

She decided she needed to stop thinking about them. It was making her head ache worse. She grabbed her bottle of shampoo and squeezed some into her hand. She worked the lather into her hair, gently massaging her sore head. She hurried through the rest of her shower. She wanted to take a look around her new living quarters.

When she stepped out of the steamy shower, she felt much better. She dried off quickly and then ran a brush through her long tangled locks. She decided to just blow dry the dampness out, leaving the rest of her wavy, golden brown strands to dry naturally. She dressed in her faded straight-legged jeans and white fitted tank top, and then added a soft, pale pink sweater over top to keep the chill off. She pulled on her pink converse high-tops and was finally ready to greet the day, even though it was well after noon.

She started her tour with her own room, which was a little bigger than her room at Braxton Hall. The great thing was that she now had a double bed instead of a single. The room itself was just a square room with a window. The walls were white and bare. She had a small closet with two mirrored sliding doors. On the other side of her bed was a white desk with matching chair and a white five-drawer dresser. Two white night tables and a matching white headboard completed the furniture in her room. The window had built in white blinds that were lowered halfway and there were light silvery gray floor length curtain panels on either side of the window, which matched the gray carpet. River thought that if she ended up staying she would have to decorate her room with some color, as it was pretty much all white.