I Chose Defeat

With my "Athsma" I shouldn't be smoking but hey, who cares.

I didn't know Sonny still smoked until I found a bunch in his backpack. And a lighter, a bunch actually. I only took like ten he won't notice.

It was still night, like 1:00 in the morning so....

Mallory fell asleep thank God. She needs sleep after today. I mean, sure you might say I do to but I am...a bit tougher then her you might say,

Maybe I just knew what I was doing.

I closed my eyes and breathed in the nicotine again. It felt good to be back, to smoke again.

I almost screamed when I saw a figure standing in the middle of the road.

"Hey Ellie...." I heard a small voice say,

"Hi...?"

"It's Sydney, Ellie."

"Oh....uh, hey"

"Why the hell would you do that to Sam?"

I sighed, if Sam and Sydney are friends maybe she knows about the whole father situation.

"It's a long story. Did you know there was a murder here today?"

"What?! Oh my gosh...why are you still here then?"

"The police actually tried moving us but we refused. Well, Sonny did."

She put her head down, "wow....but why would you beat up Sam for it?"

"Because her no for good father killed her."

She was silent. So was I. "Is that a cigarette?"

I sighed and nodded, "You want one?," She nodded her head.

I took one out of my pocket and gave it to her, she took it, and I lit it.

"Thanks" She barley said, "You want to be left alone now?"

I shrugged, "your choice"

"Hey, uh, no one's at my house, that's why I'm out so late. It's only me and my older bother. You want to come over? It's really cold out."

I shrugged, "I guess."

I walked with her a few houses down, so that's where she lives, the biggest house on the block....

She opened the door, I heard a voice that I thought I knew before. "Is that you Syd?"

"Yea it's me, Darin."

Wait. What? Darin....

It's just a coincidence. It's was only a dream.

I walked in the living room with her, holy crap.

Same brown hair and hazel eyes, same rasp in his voice, same everything really....

He looked at me and stood up, "who's this?" He asked Sydney, "That's Ellie" She stated,

He looked at me for a second, we both studied each other until he said something, "hi, I'm Darin..."

I smiled, "I'm Ellie"

He smiled too, "nice to meet you Ellie. I like your....eyeliner.."

Sydney raised her eyebrow, "Darin what type of complement is that"

I laughed, "thanks."

I felt my cheeks burning because of the relationship I had with him in my dream.

I relized that I was still smoking and so was Sydney, "oh I'm sorry, you want one?" I asked,

"Darin doesn't smoke." Sydney said, Darin smiled at me, "She's right, I don't, you shouldn't either"

All I could do is smile.

We just stared at each other until Sydney caught on, "uh, why don't you two go out in the back while I make something to....eat I guess."

We both shuffled to the back door as we sat down on the steps.

"Uh, I don't know how to say it so I'm just going to put it out there."

"Go ahead" I said.

"You just look so familiar" he said, my heart stopped.

"Uh, yea you too. You've probably seen me on TV"

"Why would I see you on TV?"

"Uh, it's a long story....my father killed someone, or a lot of people. I had to basically....fight him if that's how you want to put it."

Darin shrugged. "Doesn't ring a bell. Whatever. You just look familiar I guess. I look familiar too?"

I nodded, "yea..."

"In what way?"

I shrugged. "Don't know." I burned out the cigarette bud on my arm and put it in my pocket.

---

After 50 minutes of talking, I got up, "I have to go, Maybe next time we can....hang out more"

"Sure! Uh, bye Ellie"

"Bye..."

"Oh, Ellie...."

"Yea?"

He scratched his head and sighed, "n-nothing, bye"

"Bye.."

---

I slowly walked around the block, didn't want to go home because it wasn't home...

I sighed and turned myself around to go "home"

I felt someone pulling my hair slightly, I turned around and saw father.

Before I could make a move he held a knife up to my throat. "Ellie. Don't move or I will slit your throat."

I was still.

"So you have two options now. You can walk away now....and let this horror continue as I kill people you love one by one. Or I can end it all now. You can chose defeat. And I can kill you..."

I sighed.

"I chose Defeat"

×××××××××××××××××××××××

CatSmilesForBandits_