Christmas Alternatives

( Olive )

Mrs. Lance had announced this morning that us students would be having a gift exchange. Most people refused of the idea, however, I really wanted to exchange gifts with someone. Everyone seemed too easy to be hard to choose what they would want.

She warned us that we would be choosing blindly. Each one of us would write our names on a nicely folded piece of paper and boys could get girls and vise versa.

As my classes went on and the day passed too, I thought about what I would be getting and for who. Boys were simple, buy them a football or something. Girls just wanted makeup or Piper preferred books. This year would be interesting.

The next English class was filled with excitement. I looked around my classroom and payed attention to everyone. I realized every girl and boy was different. They all had different tastes. This would be harder than I thought.

When Mrs. Lance called my name, I stood up quickly. I tried to not be nervous, looking at the tiles on the floor. Everyone looked at me as I did so, my mind shutting them off. As my teacher smiled sadly at me as she always did to me, I shoved my dainty hand into the glass bowl. I pulled a small piece of paper after shifting them around repeatedly. When I finally chose one, I went to my seat.

Mrs. Lance told us to wait until everyone had their piece of paper. She also warned us if we said the name of the person on the piece of paper aloud, we wouldn't be doing the gift exchange. I gulped at the advertence. When I finally unfolded my piece of paper, I stared at the name quizzically.

Jack?

My eyes didn't advert to him, knowing that would send everything off guard. I couldn't even talk to that boy. How could I guess what he wanted for Christmas?

When class ended, I talked to Piper about the name on my piece of paper. She laughed and just told me to get him fandom stuff. I asked like what. She quickly responded with Harry Potter.

This would be simple.

I went home and thought about what I would get the curly haired boy. I knew he wanted some Harry Potter merch, but I didn't know what. Maybe I could start with asking Piper to ask Jack his shirt size...

Once I finally had Jack's information, meaning his shirt size, what Harry Potter mercy he owned, and what quotes he mostly liked from the books, I finally headed into Hot Topic with my cousin Eli.

I brought him just because he had the figure that Jack possessed. I headed into the Harry Potter t-shirts and I sender Eli to the Pop! sections where he would collect Harry, Ron and Hermione. I looked around and grabbed a Hogwarts t-shirt, having the House names and what Hogwarts was. I liked it, meaning Jack would too.

Eli came back with the original figures and we both chose a white t-shirt with 'I solemnly swear I am up to no good' written in the Harry Potter font. The collar of the shirt was black, just like the letters.

My cousin tried on the t-shirts, saying he liked the size. I shrieked, knowing for sure Jack would love his gifts. However, when we were about to pay, the cashier let us have another Harry Potter t-shirt for free.

It was a Quidditch t-shirt. It was red with yellow stripes and the front had the Griffindor House name, symbol, and below that was 'Seeker'. The back had a blank place on top of the numbers 07. I liked it and so did Eli.

The cashier told us he could type the name of the person the t-shirt was for above the numbers on the back. I quickly told him to write 'J. Ethans' on the font the t-shirt had. Eli and I liked how it turned out. After paying, we went home to wrap Jack's gifts up.