Chapter 10

I am so sorry for not updating in a week! I started college last week and boy, was I busy. The lecturers insist on killing me, I swear. I will try to upload as soon as possible, I am already working on the next chapter. But please forgive me if I upload a tad bit slower, I barely have time to write with so much homework piling up. Shout out to jecints for specially making a wattpad account to tell me that she love this story. You moved me to tears, I am not kidding. Seriously, thank you so much. It means a lot to me. To the rest, thank you for reading and showing your support. Know that I value each of you very much. I can only exist because of you. Thank you.

Chapter 10:

April

“Alright, you will be allowed for discharge in three days.”

Dr Wright proudly announced to me the moment I stepped into his office. I nearly jumped over the table to hug him. My parents weren’t so excited about the idea but I was overjoyed. I can finally leave this hospital and go back to school!

“You will need to come back for regular checkups but I think with your health condition, you should be fine living outside. But if any serious symptoms surfaces, you will be hospitalize back—”

“No problem! Hundred of checkups or needles, I don’t care! I am finally going back to school!”

“Ashlee!” My mother scolded me but I just rolled my eyes at her.

“I am going to go tell Rio the news!” I practically leaped out of my chair to the door. My mother still frowns whenever his name is mentioned but she seems more accepting of him lately. My poor father nearly choked on his own saliva, “Rio?” I vaguely heard my mother trying to explain to him who my new friend is. Turns out my dad did not know about a certain dark-haired fellow that my mother deemed as a bad influence to me.

I didn’t even bother knocking on Rio’s door as I barged in and screamed, “I am going to be discharged!”

Rio nearly fell of his bed and his aunt, Marcie smiled amusedly at me. I chewed on my bottom lip, looking slightly embarrassed, “Hi, Marcie.”

She smiled kindly at me before picking up her bag, “Congrats on getting discharged, Ashlee. Sorry I couldn’t stay any longer; just got a call from my customer. I brought some cream puffs and truffle pie though. See you two soon, ok?” She hastily pecks Rio’s forehead and a bear hug for me before running off towards the exit, her heels clicking loudly against the hospital tiles.

“Are you really going back to school?”

I climbed onto his bed, “Yeah, you not going to?”

“Not this topic again…”

I rolled my eyes at his reply, “Fine, we won’t talk about it then. But don’t come crying to me if you get bored when I’m not around.”

“I won’t.” Rio replied stubbornly.

“I won’t argue with you about it then. You know I’m right and I always win.”

“What are you doing?”

My body tensed for a millisecond before relaxing when I realized it was just Rio. I gave him a cheesy smile and gestured for him to come into the lift. Rio raised an eyebrow at me but entered anyway. “So, what are you doing inside of a lift?”

I watched the red numbers at the top of the lift descending, indicating that the lift is going down. I gave him a sly smile, “I am completing number 67 on the list. Spend one hour in the lift.”