Chapter 11

I think the sky fell today. I finally updated! I really appreciated all those encouraging comments you guys left me. Sorry about the delay; I am so busy with my assignments that I have completely abandoned this story. I can't promise you that I will update soon but I will try. I have a two month long semester break coming this November and I can't say that I am not looking forward to it. I will be able to write all the time so the updates will be faster by then. Now, it will take a very long time but please be patient with me. Hope you all like this chapter. Thank you once again for all the comments and likes.

Chapter 11:

May

Words couldn’t describe how happy I feel to be able to finally go back to school.

Even when I have to face the boring lecture of Mrs. Hamburg, my History teacher, I was on cloud nine. I love going to school. I love the subjects and occasionally the teachers, but mostly my friends. They are everything to me. They are accepting of my sickness too, and that only made me love them even more.

Candice, my blonde head cheerleader of a best friend nearly tackled me to the ground when I walked into school. Mary and Brad gave me a more normal response by welcoming me with a hug. The rest of my group congratulated me on being discharged and is already planning ahead a welcome back party for me.

But no matter how happy I am to be back at school, a part of me misses Rio by a lot.

“Do you have any plans later? I was thinking of going over to that new pizza place with some of our group.”

Candice said to me as we got out of History class for lunch. I chewed on my lower lip. I really want to go along with them but I really want to visit Rio in the hospital too. Candice saw my hesitation and smirked at me, “So I am going to assume that you two get along very well, huh?”

I frowned at her, a blush slowly staining my cheeks. Why does she have to make everything sound so sexual? Luckily for me, Brad comes to the rescue. “We can go to that pizza place some other time.”

“But she just left the hospital yesterday!” Candice whined, “I am already starting to feel jealous of that boy.”

I laughed at my friend, “Silly, there is nothing for you to feel jealous about!”

“Yes, there is! If he takes up any more of your time, you might as well mistake me for a plant.” Candice pouted at me, her pink lips fully stuck out. Mary rolled her eyes and pushed Candice to the side before turning to me.

“I don’t want to sound like Candice but—” there was a protest from Candice but Mary just waved her off, “—seriously, is there something between him and you that you want to tell us about?”

The image of Rio’s face so close to mine brought a bright shade of red to my cheeks and I fought the urge to stutter in panic, “There really is nothing!”

Mary nodded her head at me, clearly not believing me. “Right…”

“Enough interrogating; hey, don’t you girls have a biology project to hand in today?” That was good enough to send the girls in a panic frenzy, the topic of Rio and I quickly forgotten. Thank god for Brad once again. I seriously don’t know what I’d do without him. He saw my relief and smiled at me.

Brad really is the best guy friend a girl could ever get. Not only was he gentle and kind, he was really considerate too. Looks really do not portray the soul. His personality was a complete 180 from his looks. I was suddenly grateful that I decided to befriend him years ago. Too bad we are not chemically attracted to each other.