Chapter 21 You know what they say about first love? it bites.

It took me forever with the feelings and stuff, but finally here it is!

please comment and vote? Pleasseee? :)

and I think you guys realise I am a Taylor Swift fan by now :P

---------------------------------

'What are you doing here?' I said, my voice still a bit throaty from being ill the past week. My heart, the traitor fluster around my chest at the sight of him, but then I remembered what happened and anger ignite inside me like a roaring fire, how dare he show his face!

'I heard in school that you were unwell.' Will said, his face visibly relaxed when he saw me and he smiled like nothing had happened between us, the fire inside me grew bigger, how can he just waltz in a week after and smile like nothing's wrong. He then hold up the flowers. 'So I came with these.'

'I don't want to see you, and no, I didn't try to kill myself, sorry for disappointing you, I am not that dumb.' I replied coldly, trying to suppress my rage and the urge to slap him, settling for slamming the door in his face, but Will quickly put a foot in the way and stopped me.

'I, I am sorry Anna, for what I said, I didn't mean it. Please give me another chance.' Will said desperately, I could feel a bubble of hope form inside me but I quickly burst it, he humiliated me publicly and now he claimed to love me. Haha, I am not that naïve.

'It's too late, I had given you a chance to explain yourself, you blew it. I don't care anymore. ' I told me flatly, and stopped with my attempts to closer the door, realise that it was a lost course. Ignoring my nervous, over-beating heart and my instinct telling me to just fled, I looked up to face Will just to see his face turned into a look of panic.

'I was just...' He started, but I cut him off, wanting to get my point across to him before I hear anything that might makes me change my mind. 'You were scared that you friends will think that you are whipped, and that they will laugh at you and you won't be popular anymore?' I finished for him, then looked at him intently, my heart softening a little, he looked so vulnerable. I shook my head, he doesn't love me! Remember that!

'How... I... didn't...' He stuttered, looking shock, then collected himself. 'I love you Anna, I am sorry for what I said, I take it all back. You don't know what it's like, the pressure that I lived in, the expectation, the image that they had of me. It's just boys talk, it meant nothing. All the things that I told you at the dance and that day at my room, it was real. I love you Anna, I can't bear to be without you.' His voice full of emotion, and his eyes looked at me pleadingly. My heart, the traitor was screaming at me to forgive him, to hug him and let everything goes back to the way it was. But I knew that things could never be the same again. I shook my head at him.

'You don't love me.' I said, pained, hurt as it might to admit that, it was the truth. He was about to argue but I cut him off again. 'You care more about your popularity than anything, if you love me, you would at least have chased after me at the car park that day, or came to find me sooner than this. If you love me, you won't have to choose, you won't hesitate before defending me.'

Will looked shock. I knew that I was right, I felt like my heart just died, looking at him as he opened and close his mouths several times like a gaping fish, unable to utter a word, I couldn't bring it to congratulate myself for putting all the pieces together. I sighed and turned around into the living room and grabbed the wrapped scarf that I was going to give him and stormed back to the door.