Chapter 3

Perries P.O.V

The light peaks through the window waking me up. I cringe covering my face with the blankets. My mind automatically begins racing again and Zayn comes to mind, causing me to remember the tweets and crying myself to sleep. I knew Zayn was acting weird, but I didn't think it was because he was cheating on me. I have to get out and do something, I can't face Zayn today, I wouldn't be able to handle it. Uncovering my face, I get up slowly, and head to the bathroom, where I get my toothbrush. I put a little bit of tooth paste on it, before putting it under the water for a second and begin brushing my teeth. Just as I finish my brushing my teeth there is a slight knock on the door. "Yes?" I answer. My voice shocks me, it's raspy and broken. "Can I come in" I open the door, quickly moving past him to our room. Hoping he doesn't follow I grab a tank top and Aztec printed cardigan followed by leggings. I close the door then get dressed, then throw my hair into a messy bun. I hear Zayn coming up the stairs and quickly put on my moccasins. "Love, what's wrong?" He asks, opening the door. My throat tightens and I feel my eyes burning. I shake my head, throwing a fake smile on my face. "Nothing" I lie, "just in a hurry" he nods then goes to kiss me and I quickly dodge it. "Well I gotta go" I manage to say, racing out the door. I feel hot tears begin to stream down my face then quickly get in my car. The last thing I need is Zayn seeing me cry. The front door opens and I speed off before he can walk out it. God I feel so humiliated. How didn't I know he was. The signs were all there. Whipping the rest of the tears from my eyes, I pull into a local restaurant. When I enter it smells like pancakes and Bacon causing me to smile a little. "Would you like a table or booth swear heart?" An older waitress asks, walking up. "Booth, please" I say and she nods leading me to the nearest booth. "Now what can I get you to drink, honey?" She says with a smile that is quite comforting. "Coffee please" I smile. She gives me a sympathetic smile then nods going to the kitchen. Could she tell I was crying. I quickly take out my phone and use the screen for a mirror. My eyes are completely red and blotchy. I see the waitress coming back and out my phone back in my pocket. "Here ya go, sweet heart" she says, placing the cup of steaming coffee down in front of me. She stands there for a moment staring at me then speaks up. "How ya feeling hon?" I go to speak but my eyes begin to burn signaling I will cry. So instead I shrug. She nods gently rubbing my back. "Can't say I've never had a bad day" she says, still rubbing my back, just like my mom does when I'm upset. "Just know whatever is making you so upset, is not worth your pretty smile fading." She's being so nice I don't understand. She's a stranger, why would a stranger go out of there way to be nice to someone? "Now, does pancakes sound good?" She asks, and I quickly nod. "Okay, honey. Ill be back with some pancakes"
She smiles at me again then walks into the kitchen giving my order to the chef.

"Zayn quit!" I laugh, trying to crawl away. "No you don't!" Zayn yells, pulling me to him. He flips me so that my back is against the ground then begins tickling me again making me laugh trying to cover my stomach. "Zay-" laughter hits me, before I could say a concurrent word then I squirm trying to get away. My belly begins to hurt from laughing so hard and tears fly out my eyes. "Zayn" I laugh. "I can't breath" before I know it, Zayn stops tickling me and his lips are pressed against mine. "I love you" he says as he pulls away.

"Here ya go sweetie" the waitress says, putting a plate with two pancakes on the table, pulling me from the teasing thoughts. "Thanks" I weakly smile. "No problem" she smiles walking away. I take a sip of my coffee before pouring some syrup on my pancakes and began eating the sugary goodness. It's pretty sad food makes me happier than Zayn sometimes.
Taking a sip of my coffee to wash down the pancakes I just ate, I see the waitress walking up with the bill. She sits it down and just keeps walking. When I look at the bill I notice there isn't a price anywhere on it. Instead there is a note.

Hey sweet heart,

You looked like you had a tough day, don't worry about paying for the food or a tip. Lets just say this can be a gift from me to you.
Take care sweetheart, and keep your head high.
-Beth

I look back seeing Beth then stand up and walk to her, she turns to me and smiles and I hug her, probably throwing her a tad off guard. "Thank you" I say. She hugs back rubbing my back. "Your welcome sweetheart" she pulls away then smiles at me. "Now go home and spoil yourself," she smiles. "You deserve it" I nod, with a smile, then then going to my car. Once I get in the car, my phone goes off. I look to see who is calling then sigh seeing Zayn's picture pop up. "Yes?" I say answering it. "Where are you?" He asks. "Heading home" I hear him sigh then ask "why?"
"We news to talk when you get home" my throat tightens like I already know what he needs to say. 'He cheated' "okay" I say quickly. There is no way in hell I'm going home tonight. I won't be able to handle it. So instead I go to a hotel.