C H A P T E R E I G H T | A Flashback To Remember

Paige (15 years old)
Tears made a track down my now-red cheeks as I broke down crying.

"R-really?" I asked in between tears. The guard nodded.

I didn't know his name so I just referred to him as 'the guard'.

"What's your name?" I asked him.

"Elliot," He said. I smiled slightly.

"What about the betas? And the gammas?" He looked at me with a pained expression.

"They're fine," He said sadly. The reason he said it sadly is because they made it out alive and my parents didn't. Since my parents were the alpha and Luna, Elliot feels my pain. Well, sort of. Of course, he doesn't feel it as much as I do.

I nodded.

"Okay, well I'm gonna... I'm gonna..." Everything went black.

*
*

I woke up in the pack hospital room. I couldn't remember much, I only remembered that I fainted. Great. The guard - Elliot, I should say -walked in.

My memories were cloudy, but I could still remember talking to him.

"Paige, do you remember anything?" He asked with sad eyes. Then it all came back to me;

The rogues, the war, panic, my parents...

I nodded my head sadly. He sighed. I knew how he felt, because we both felt the same. He lost his alpha and his Luna, I lost my parents. They're the same thing, basically.

I broke down crying again. Why did this happen to me?

I don't know, hun, but I have a feeling things will get better soon. May said sadly.

I sat up in the hospital bed and sniffed. I wiped away the tears and got up and walked out. I walked into my bathroom and had a nice hot shower.

I started crying and started to sing. I always sung when I was sad; it was a habit that I've had since I was little. I then wiped away the tears, or the water drops from the shower, I don't know which one.

I sniffed one more time, then stopped the water. Wrapping a towel around my naked body, I walked out of the shower and into my bedroom. 

I opened up my wooden drawers and grabbed some underwear. I slipped them on then looked through the drawers once more to find some real clothes.

I pulled out a pair of blue denim shorts and a light blue batwing t-shirt. It had a wolf that looked like my fathers. It was a beautiful silvery grey wolf with deep blue eyes.

My eyes stung with tears once more at a memory that came back to me full of sorrow. I remembered the time were I first rode on my fathers back.

"Come on, Paige!" My father said, dragging me out the door.

"Where are we going?" I asked, getting excited.

"You'll see; it's a surprise," he replied. I pouted, but walked with him out of the pack house and into the crisp winter air.

After 10 minutes of walking (and me regretting to not put on a jacket, gloves and a beanie) we eventually reached a small clearing. The trees were bare but were laced with snowflakes and caked in ice. In front of me stood a frozen waterfall, and a frozen stream that used to run over the rocks.

Even though the water used to be thin, the ice was rather thick, and you could no longer see the sediment that lay at the bottom of the stream.

"Wow! This is awesome!" I exclaimed, looking around. Dad smiled at me.

"I'm glad you like it, but there's one more surprise," he said. My eyes knitted together in confusion.

"What is it?" I asked, getting excited.

"Turn around," he smiled. I huffed , but eventually did as he asked.

"Good girl! Now, just wait a second," something started cracking and popping behind me.

"Dad! You're such a hypocrite; how come you get to crack your knuckles and I don't?" I asked, finally realising that the cracking was in fact him cracking his knuckles.

Something cold and wet nudged my hand. I turn around to see a beautiful wolf with a silvery-grey coat of fur, and dark blue eyes that twinkled mischievously.

My head turned to its side in confusion. "Dad?" I asked, unsure. The wolf nodded his head. He pointed to his back with the tip of his nose, and I slowly approached him.

"You want me to get on your back?" I deciphered. He nodded his head, and I grinned in excitement.

"Okay!" I said. I jumped on his back, and in an instant, he sped off, me clinging to his fur in fear. But soon enough that fear turned to joy, and I was happy again.

I sighed, then put the clothes I picked out on, and walked down the stairs, ready to face a whole lot of questions.