C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N | Run, Helium, Run!

Paige
The week had gone by quite quickly, and now I had to look for my mate.

A part of me longed for him. But a part of me thought I might as well not even search. I was supposed to find my mate when I was sixteen years old, and now look at me.

Seven years later; I have no mate and I am perfectly fine running a pack on my own.

I was laying on my bed, my blue eyes staring into the ceiling, when I heard someone open the door. I sat up and looked over.

It was the twins.

"Hey, Paige," Charlie said, walking over to me.

"Hi," I smiled. Lewis ran up to me and gave me a hug. Frank stood at the doorway. He smiled at me and waved.

"Hi, mum," He said, but he was still leaning against the arch.

"What's wrong?" I asked the twelve year old. He sighed.

"There have been sightings of Mark and Reyna with the Shadow Rogues," I growled as he mentioned his old parents.

"Well that's just great," I said sarcastically. He hummed in agreement and I sighed.

"Come over here, squirt," I smiled as he walked over to me and I gave him a hug.

"Who wants to go shopping?" I asked them.

"Me!" They all yelled simultaneously.

There's no getting out of this one, May stated. I laughed out loud and they all looked at me with furrowed brows.

"Wolf," I simply stated, they all nodded their heads in understanding.

Time to go shopping.

*
*

We all reached Target in no time. Of course, the children headed straight to the movie isle, but who could blame them? They're children, after all.

And movies are great.

We all decided on getting The DUFF, because I hadn't seen it before and they said it was really good. 

After looking at the clothes isle with nothing that caught our eyes, we made our way to the checkout.

On the way, an all to familiar voice stopped me in my tracks.

I turned around.

"Reyna, Mark," I greeted through gritted teeth. "How nice to see you again," I said sarcastically.

"Oh, Paige, we both know that if I said that back to you, I would be lying," She replied with a fake smile.

Even though she was ten years older then me, she really did act like a know-it-all. I laughed, no emotion whatsoever.

"How's Frank doing?" Mark finally says, looking at his former son.

"Great actually. He's loving his new and improved family," I smile, pulling him into my side.

"Oh, please. You don't even know the first thing about mothering—"

"And you do? Reyna, you were the worst mother any child could ask for. And Mark, you're just pathetic. How could you? Do you not have a heart?" I ask. He smiled.

"Nope." He said, popping the 'p'.  I growled.

"Not the answer I was looking for, but you are totally right," I say, turning around.

"Come along children." I say, dragging them away.

"Yeah, we better get back to Helium; he'll be missing us," Reyna states, turning around. I twirl on my heal.

"One, who the moon goddess is Helium? Two, what kind of name is Helium? Does he talk like he's on helium? And three, I don't think anyone would be missing you while you're gone, Reyna," I smirk.

Her face was priceless! Then it faded. Darn, I should have taken a photo.

"Helium is Frank's replacement. We needed a knew boxing bag," She jokes. Well, at least I hope it was a joke.

"He's turning nine this year. We best be off, toodles!" She waves like she's talking to a baby, then walked off, leaving the children and I alone.

Helium, you better run.