C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T W O | 'Til We Get There

Paige
Today was the day of the treaty, and I wasn't really looking forward to it.

What if he wasn't my mate? If he was, what if he rejected me? So many questions rushed through my mind, worrying me more and more.

Hun, it's gonna be fine, May reassures me, but it didn't work.

How can I be so sure? I retorted, tears piercing my eyes.

Whatever. Just trying to help. She says before cutting the connection.

"Well that didn't help." I mutter, not realising Kai had walked into the room.

"What?" He asks confused as he sits next to me.

"Oh! Nothing, just my wolf," I explain, and he nods his head in understanding.

"Yeah, I always talk aloud when I'm arguing with my wolf," He laughs. I liked him laughing; it was... cute.

"Hey yeah! What is your wolf's name?" I ask, realising I didn't know what his wolf was called.

"Rocky." He looks down, ashamed.

"Oh my moon goddess!! That is the cutest name ever!" I laugh, elbowing his side.

"Not really." He winces as he rubs his side.

"Oops, sorry. I didn't mean to do it that hard. Are you alright?" I ask, panicked.

"Relax. I'm fine," He laughs, and I grin.

"Sorry. I'm not good with boys." I say, laughing slightly.

I look up at the old grandfathers clock that sits next to the doorway. It read four thirty.

"We better go get ready for the treaty. It starts at five." I warn him, pointing to the clock.

"Oh. Okay." He nods, getting off the sofa and helping me up.

"Seeya!!" And he was gone.

*
*

I grab my brown boots that reach just below the knee. I slip them over my feet and smile at how they finalise the outfit. Then I take my grey jacket off the stand and put it over my striped loose tank top.

When I'm ready, I open the door and walk down the stairs into the treaty room. As I walk in, I notice how the alpha isn't present. I wonder where he is.

Jaye
Dude, your gonna be late for the treaty! My wolf, Brodee growls.

I know, I'm going as quick as I can. I retort, grabbing my sunglasses.

I walk out the door and down the stairs, then start jogging to the car. Grace, Dylan, Milla and Nate are already waiting, and my best warrior, Liam, is in the drivers seat.

"Hey, man," He greets, pulling me in for a man hug.

"You excited? You might finally find your mate in this pack!" He says, punching my shoulder slightly.

"Yeah, this is the last pack around the country. If she's not here, then I don't know where she is," I sigh.

"Well, I'm still trying to figure out why the alpha's name is Paige. Isn't that a girls name?" Milla asks from the back seat.

"Jaye can be a girls name, there's no reason why Paige can't be a boys name," I say, defending the alpha.

I can't wait 'til we get there. Brodee says excitedly.

Me neither.