A new life

One stormy night, aboard a ship on the sea, a young Killian Jones,  scared of the dark calls out for his father, who enters the quarters to  relight the doused lamp. He tells Killian that everyone is braver than  they think and if one should ever feel afraid, all they have to do is  look inside their heart. A reassured Killian goes back to sleep.

The same night, Killian awakens again, only to find his father gone, worried, Killian wakes up his brother .  He opens the door, only to find an old sailor coming into his quarters  and tells him that his father was a fugitive and traded his sons and the  ship to the sailor for a row boat; so he could escape from soldiers waiting at the next port.

Young Killian wanted to start a new life so he made a deal with Dark one Zoso so that he can travel to a land without magic. Though he would be leaving his brother he wanted to start a new life he travels to Minneapolis and it's the year 1989.

In the year 1989, Emma and some children from her group home visit a movie theater in Minnesota  to watch the  film, The Sword in the Stone. In the theater, Emma steals an Apollo candy bar from another person, and as she takes a seat, an usher   tells her to not do "it". She begins apologizing for stealing, but he  is actually referring to something else, and cautions her against doing  things for the right reasons because bad things will happen. He tells  her she will have the chance to pull the  out of the stone one day, but that she must never do it. After giving her the message, he disappears.

Killian sneaked into the theater and sat down at a seat next to Emma. This new world was scaring him he was a little shocked to notice a girl next to him was so pretty. The movie was so strange to Killian as if it was real. Killian started to regret that he made a deal with a man like Zoso. When the movie was done Young Emma spoke to him " What's with your clothes ". As Killian was about to answer one of the kids Emma had can with told her they were leaving. Emma had asked Hook if he had any family members around. Killian lied and told Emma that his father had died and that his mother gave him up. Killian decided to come back to the foster system with Emma. Before he went to sleep he said to himself " This is the new life".