Chapter Eighteen

Chesters POV

A loud ringing ripped me out of my dreams and I heard Mike moan loudly. It must've woken him up as well.

"Turn that shit off", I muttered and pressed my hands over my ears.

"Who the hell would call me at... wait what time is it", Mike said. His voice sounded raspy, he must've gotten sick over night because within the next second he sneezed loudly.

"Fuck", he said and got up.

"So what time is it", I asked him. It was still dark outside.

"Four a.m...", he said.

"So did someone call you?"

"Yeah... that was the call sound. Lemme check who... Hm, that's weird, unknown number."

My stomach squeezed together as he said unknown. I felt my face turning pale as well.

"Don't worry Chaz", he said and turned on a small light.

"Do you want to go back to sleep", he then asked me.

"No", I simply said.

"Okay... then I can leave the light on", he said and his voice faded as he got out of the room.

I streched and got up as well. I still was a bit tired but I would just take a short nape later on.

I went over to the kitchen line and heated up some water. Then I took a filter and put in some coffee beans. That's what I always needed in the morning. Coffee.
After a few minutes I filled my first cup of coffee and drank it within one minute. My lungs burned because the coffee was damn hot.

"Chaz, you shouldn't drink that shit so fast", Mike said and made hisself a cup of traditional Japanese tea.

"I know", I said after a half a minute and then filled the second cup.

I was about to drink it when Mike took it and set it down.

"No need to hurry, that's not good for your lungs."

I shook my head and got upstairs, changed my clothes and then went downstairs again. I went over to my coffee and drank it. Maybe Mike was right. If I'd wait a few minutes it'll be more easier and less painful to drink it.

"Whatever", I said and turned on the TV. I flipped through the channels and stopped at the news channel.
My cup fell to the ground as I heard the reporter talking and a camera showing the front of my house.

The children Jamie and Tyler, sons of Chester Charles Bennington, lead singer of Linkin Park, have been kidnapped yesterday. The police hasn't found anything except for a tiny message, yet, which we are not allowed to show.

I stopped listening and sat down the couch. My mouth stood open.
Mike came over and looked at me with a weird face.

"They are not allowed to show this. I don't want this", I said quietly without any kind of emotion.

"What happened Chester?"

"Listen, the news. They are showing it on the news. They... if Jason finds out... oh god... Mike... what if", I stuttered.

"No no there is no what if. Don't even think about something like that, okay?"

I nodded and turned the TV off. No need to see that all.

"Come on, let's have a nice breakfast and then we'll drive to the office, okay?"

I nodded and helped Mike preparing the food.