Chapter 13

Remember to keep
your head up
And your heart
strong

Tris POV

I look around me, at the beautiful scenery of the mountain. I look off into the distance and see the city, but when I look straight down, I see the ski lodge. I inhale a deep breath and relax. Taking one leap forward, I slide down the mountain.

I look from left and right and see the calming white snow around me. Engulfing me into its presence of tranquillity. Pine tree, after Pine tree pass me by with patches of cold snow on it.

I feel the rush of adrenaline replace the blood in my veins. Cold tearing through the fabric of my windbreaker coat. Tears gather in my eyes by the acceleration of the speed I'm going.

As I come closer and closer to the lodge, I start to shift my feet to the side slowly, so I can slow down. I come to a perfect stop, right in front of the lodge, and smile.

I sit down, unstrap my snowboard from my feet, and start to walk towards my house. Walking up to the front door, I hear my phone go off. I take it out of my pocket to see a text from Christina.

Chris: Hey girly! Let's go hang out at the mall! Please?! I'll even pay for your food!

Tris: Sounds tempting.

Chris: Please! There is a sale going on right now at my favorite store! What if I not only pay for your food, but I also won't force you into Victoria's Secret?

Tris: Deal. I'll meet you there later. I'm just going to walk.

Chris: Thank you! Thank you!

Tris: Whatever

I click my phone off, stuff it into my pocket, and walk inside. I place my snowboard down, next to the front door. When I reach my room, I change from my snowboarding outfit, into some casual clothes. A white long-sleeve flowing top, black pants, a black scarf, and my black combat boots. I then, grab my phone from off my bed, along with my earbuds, and shove them in my pocket.

Walking downstairs, I hear my mom say, "Beatrice?" I turn around to face her. "Yes?"

"While you're out, could you do me a favor and pick up some more milk? I have to get back to my shop." She smiles warmly at me. "Sure mom, no problem." I reply back.

I go into the kitchen and make some hot chocolate, being that it's been so cold outside.

I go into the front walkway and grab my coat from off the coat rack and slip on my gloves. I walk out the door and put in my earbuds. I take a sip of my hot chocolate and Castle by Halsey comes on my playlist. I smile, I love Halsey and this song is probably one of my favorites.

As I'm walking, I realize I'm walking through the park. I look around and spot a couple kissing each other passionately. I shrug it off, since it's not a big deal. Than I hear his voice.

"Baby, I love you so much."

I would know that voice from anywhere, because that's my Jack's voice. I feel my eyes go wide and a big rip go through my heart. I quickly spin around, and what I see makes my eyes sting with tears glossing in them.