Chapter 4

Klaus Baudelaire

I yawned and removed my glasses before rubbing my eyes with my hand. Isadora was leaning on my shoulder and the rest were sleeping as well, I was the only one who just woke up from a short nap.

Snicket had given us the task to find Timothy Squalor (Olaf) to question him about certain topics compelled, especially about the treacherous Olaf. And once he gave out any slip or clue, we would capture him right away before any other further questionings.

Just a few hours ago, me, Duncan and Quill entered a public library to do some research about the profiles on the internet, for it may be possible that the Timothy was a fraud.

As we search for more valuable information, the girls, Violet and Isadora, went to different services and organization, even going to some headquarters on questionings for any possible lead on Olaf. And somehow, there was no one matching the evil and gruesome looks of Count Olaf, with his unibrow and shiny eyes, not forgetting the V.F.D. insignia or the eye tattooed on his left ankle. Well, we assumed that his son had adapted his and Esme's evil doings.

They have went further across the city, mostly on foot, spying on different people walking across the streets and passerbys. As their legs ached, and as our eyes grew tired, we all have decided to finish the day with no success by 4:45 p.m.

I sat there, feeling guilty for everyone as they all slept while I was awake, thoughts running inside my head. How can we forget our own children who were now probably worrying about us? I shook my head. Sunny and Beatrice were there to protect them from the fire-fighting side of V.F.D. anyways.

I clicked on the mouse in front of me and saw on the desktop that it was almost 5:15 p.m. I then decided to go home and check the kids to at least inform them about our whereabouts. I hope they wouldn't mind.

I slowly removed Isadora's head from my shoulder and let it rest on the desk instead. Standing up, I grabbed Duncan's commonplace book and ripped of a page before getting a pen and scribbling a note there saying that I had gone to check the kids I left it besides Isadora and then was about to set off and go when Duncan's sleepy head banged on the keyboard.

I gave a chuckle and shook my head when I got a glimpse of something on the screen. Duncan had pressed some shortcut keys on the board and it had entered on the screen. A profile appeared. It was a British good-looking boy with the name Travis Grae Olaf.

Apparently, Duncan was using Facebook and probably entered that profile accidentally on the search button. I suddenly got curious and interested considering that his last name was Olaf. I then decided to scroll down to see more of his posts to know whether this was who were looking for or just another crazy boy fan of the best-selling movie entitled "Frozen", or just a weird pen name of some bored kid.

I was surprised when I saw that he posted a status just 13 minutes ago.

Travis Grae Olaf
13 minutes ago
I'm almost there. . .

"What?" I asked a little loudly and Duncan probably heard it and suddenly woke up.

Ignoring him, I scrolled down a little further and he looked at me with a sleepy questioning look.

Travis Grae Olaf
20 minutes ago
Time is ticking. . . Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock. . .