Chapter 004

When I woke up that morning, I was still feeling agitated just as much as yesterday. To my dismay, there was no way in avoiding him. He was everywhere, no I'm not even kidding.

He lives next door to me and I'm suppose to be babysitting him. Yesterday Areum took over for me but from what I heard from Hana, it was disater.

The transfer student humiliated Areum in front of everyone, including both teachers and students. Supposably Areum was pretending to be cute and loveable but the transfer student apparently scoffed and insulted her right in her face. He's definitely a troublemaker, an arrogant one to be exact. It's kind of funny how he's unfazed by both Areum and me because as much as I hate to admit, Areum could be charming at times.

I glanced out my window, hoping to catch a quick glimpse of the transfer student but no prevail. His window was covered by curtains.

I didn't really have the patience to take care of the transfer student after yesterday's mishaps, I'm 100% sure I'm going to try to strangle the life out of him.

I lifted my gaze away from the window and began doing my usual morning routine. By the time I was up to eating breakfast, my life was nearly sucked out of my body when I noticed my father who was usually devoted to his work, was present at the dinning table.

Without a second wasted, I smacked on a fake smile and took a seat in front of my mother and father who sat on the right of the table.

"Good morning father, mother." I greeted warmly. I was greeted back with uncomfortable silence, I know both my parents don't usually voluntarily engaged in non  political or non economical conversations, but would it kill you to be polite and greet me back?

First the transfer student and now both my parents. Great my life is so freaking sunshine and rainbows right now.

"Sunmi." The sound of my father's harsh and commanding voice made me stop from further taking a bite into my eggs.

I wiped my mouth clean with a napkin and looked at my father. I muttered a yes and waited for him to respond. He had this deadpan expression on his face, while my mother was trying her best to look elegant unlike her usual self.

"Have you excelled in your grades?"

I nodded, feeling rather confident. "Top of the class. We had a practice exam two weeks ago and I got 798.5 out of 800 altogether for my exams."

When I noticed the deadpan look that still remained on his face. "What happen to that 1.5 mark?" He hissed, his fist clenched and he looked like he was ready to pop a vein. A sweat dropped and I looked away, ashamed.

"It was deducted from my maths exam. I used a different method to solve the question, I had gotten the answer correct but the teacher didn't accept my working out." I explained, the look on his face didn't disappear and I knew a string of insults were to come.

"Sunmi in this family we do not accept failure. Victory and perfection is everything. It's not about doing what it takes to win, winning is just like breathing. You do not strive or seek for victory, it's a natural part of your life. Winners are only accepted on the world and those who are losers are denied. You are the heiress for the Jung family and I expect you to follow my expectations."

I bowed my head politely, a pang of anger was stabbing my heart.

"Yes father."

___________________________

I couldn't tell him that I didn't want to be the heiress, heck I didn't even want to be in this family sometimes.