True colours

Peter's POV

Peter walks back to the classroom with Wade in silence, both of them lost in their own thoughts. He looks at Wade thru the corner of his eye and he can see him with his head down and hood on. Peter noticed all the small almost invisible scars covering his face and hands when he sat by his side in the locker room maybe that's why he's covering himself like that Peter is pretty sure that those scars weren't there before he went missing, which means something really bad happened to Wade.

''Hey, Wade?'' Peter turns to him while walking.

''Yeah?'' Wade lifts his head and looks at Peter.

''How did you get those scars?''

Wade's eyes go wide and he stops in his tracks covering his face with his hands.

''Shit..'' Peter whispers realizing is mistake and he walks towards Wade to comfort him

[How rude of you, mister Spiderman!]

(yes, very rude)

'' I mean, they look good on you, I wish I had those sick scars like you too, they make you look hot and scary!'' Peter mentally face palms.

[You know when you say something you shouldn't and instead of shutting your mouth, you just keep talking to make it worse?]

(Did he just say we were hot)

Wade turns red in embarrassment, feeling humiliated and pulls his hood down to the point of his face being completely covered by the shadow of it.

''Wade...''

''Lets just keep walking to the class ok? I'm sure we're late as fuck already.'' Wade harshly remarks, walking fast by Peter and Peter sighs disappointed at himself and walks right after Wade.

They both reach the classroom's door but before one of them had the chance to knock, the principal's voice echoed behind them, making both turn around.

(Seriously, is no one gonna say anything about Spiderman calling us hot)

[Shut up, I'm trying to watch a movie here!]

(This is not a movie, this is real life. In a fanfic)

[I'm just gonna ignore you now]

''Don't even bother knocking. You're both coming with me. We need to talk.'' The principal motions with his head for them to follow him. They both look at each other and gulp before doing so.

''Sit down, we have some important things to discuss.'' the principal sits on his big black chair behind a dark wooden table and Wade and Peter do the same, on the other side of the table, sitting on small blue old chairs.

''What's the matter, sir?'' Peter breaks the awkward silence first. He had a clue on why he and Wade were there and he's surprised Harry and Claude aren't there to speak about it.

''Wade, what did I tell you on your first day here?'' He completely ignores Peter, turning to Wade who starts to feel a little nervous.

''You told me to stay out of trouble?'' Wade shrugs a little.

''Exactly. Then why the hell were you beating the crap out of Claude? And not only that, you missed classes for almost two weeks. That is exactly the opposite of being out of trouble, isn't it? or are you just testing my patience? because I have no trouble in expelling a little punk like you from my college, you hear me?!'' he slams his fist on the table making Peter and Wade flinch on their chairs.

''If you'll excuse me sir, I-'' Peter starts but is interrupted by Wade.

''I didn't miss classes by choice, you know.'' Wade says thru gritted teeth, his head down not looking at the principal ''And it wasn't me who started that fight. It's not my fault that fucking Claude can't pick up fights with people of his own fucking size'' he clenches his fists and Peter prays he won't start a fight with the principal.