Chapter 17: Speaking of Asses

"Baby, did you take the medicine that I left on the bedside table?" I called out to the kitchen area when I got back downstairs from the bathroom.

"Yes, mommy." Kyle simply responded.

Vic frowned as he walked up to me and handed me a cup of coffee. "Medicine?" He asked curiously. "What does he need medicine for?"

"It's just allergies." I shrugged. "Nothing too serious. Why?"

He threw me a kind smile and quickly pecked my cheek. "Just good to know in case something happens."

I smiled involuntarily at how involved he was trying to be with Kyle. Honestly, I had never met anyone like him. Most men would run for the hills when a girl they try to hook up with has a child. But then this was more than just a hook up, wasn't it? Vic was being ridiculously amazing.

As soon as we had made it to the park, Kyle immediately wanted ice cream. Vic gave me a look, as if asking for permission, which was honestly quite admirable. I mean, he may have been the older one, but he still respected the fact that Kyle was my son and he couldn't just do whatever.

Of course I granted him permission, though. It's partially what we were here for anyway. So as quickly as we made it to the park, we already approached the old ice cream vendor.

"How many scoops may I have?" Kyle asked politely as he gazed up at Vic.

"As many as you like, as long as you promise to not get sick because of it." Vic replied to him, giving him a kind smile.

"Two is enough, thank you."

I snorted and crossed my arms over my chest, completely impressed by how good my boy's manners were. He definitely did not learn that from his father. It was probably the school that he went to who kept an eye on him. I knew that place was a good choice.

After several minutes of taking his sweet little time, though, Kyle finally managed to pick what two flavors he wanted to have.

"And how about you? Something tells me you're not the vanilla type." Vic then asked me, a small smirk tugging at the corner of his mouth.

I smiled, rolling my eyes. "Then what type do you think I am?"

"Oh, I don't know." He sighed, giving me an amused frown. "Chocolate. . . or maybe mocha? You seem to enjoy that."

I had to bite my cheek in order to keep myself from laughing. Was he just referring to himself or was I imagining things? I mean, in my mind that's always how I referred to that gorgeous tanned skin of his. "Well yeah, but- it gets a bit much sometimes, you know? Gotta switch things up so every now and then." I decided to say in my attempt to see what game he was playing.

"Really?" Vic then asked, looking at me incredulously yet still amused. "Because I haven't heard you complain about it before."

Oh yeah, this conversation was definitely not about ice cream.

At that point I couldn't hold back my stupid giggles anymore, which earned an immediate smirk from Vic as a result. "Fine, I'll have the mocha, only because it's irresistible." I then finally told him.

Without further ado, he then turned back to the old man and ordered us both the ice cream, generously paid for it and led us towards the playground. Kyle finished his two scoops in no time, being way too eager to get on the swing.

"Want me to push you?" I asked as I watched him struggle to move forth and back.

"Nope, I can do this." Kyle said confidently, both making Vic and me laugh a little.