Chapter 30: I Guess Miracles Do Happen

this book is slowly coming to its end. I'm not sure when, though... maybe at 33 or 35, but probably not later than that.

anyway... that also means that it's time for a new fic! I'm not bothered to update my Koli fic since apparently it blows so thankfully my brain thought of something else. and instead of a Vic-fic it's going to be a Kellic... because it's a rather strange idea and the last time I had a strange idea I ended up writing a Kellic where Kellin was a ghost.

soooo yeah... in the new fic Kellin is like this really self-centered guy who absolutely adores himself and believes that everyone else adores him just the same. while in reality everyone basically hates his guts and views him as a conceited asshole. Kellin hasn't loved anyone a day in his life and treats others like dirt, without realizing it much. he judges people by the way they look and thinks that he himself is absolutely perfect. then one day he runs into this gypsy lady, who he is being really rude to, and she puts a curse on him as punishment. from that day on, Kellin transforms into a skinny, ugly looking kitten and will be stuck in that form until he finds someone who will love him despite the way he looks and he learns to love back just the same. it will be called 'The Stray'

so how does that sound?

sorry for the long note. let's get to it!

--------------------

"Wow, Kells, you're early. . . your shift started only fifty minutes ago." I commented sarcastically as I watched Kellin walk through the doors of the diner, already dressed in his uniform for once.

"Well, I was in a good mood, so I figured I'd show up a little earlier." He simply said, making me roll my eyes in response.

He grabbed his iPad for the orders from behind the counter and glanced around the diner, casually observing how many customers were around. He then suddenly narrowed his eyes at one of the booths in the back and frowned. "Hold on, what the hell is that?" He scoffed, marching up to the customers who were seated there.

"Lady, people are eating here! No smoking allowed!" He scolded the two women sitting at the table.

"This isn't a real cigarette, it has batteries." One of the women pointed out, holding the weird looking pipe up so Kellin could view it better.

Kellin crossed his arms over his chest and huffed. "Yes, well, so does my vibrator but I'm not allowed to use that in here either." He grumbled. "So put it away."

I snickered softly, bringing an order of fries and a club sandwich to a customer near the window as I watched the two women get up with offended looks on their faces, before they hurried off out of the diner.

"Some people are so rude." Kellin then murmured, shaking his head in disapproval as he started cleaning the table.

"Quinn, Dawson, come over here for a minute." Jaime then called out from behind the counter. It wasn't often that he used our last names, so apparently it was something important.

Kellin casually dropped what he was doing and went over to Jaime, while I just stood there and aimlessly looked around a little.

"Dawson." He repeated, a little impatiently. I kept ignoring him, though. Why should I listen to a name that was now completely foreign to me? "Okay, why is she ignoring me?" Jaime then asked Kellin.

I subtly glanced at the two from the corner of my eye, feeling quite pleased with myself. "Here, let me try, Himes. . ." Kellin then said before yelling, "Fuentes!"

I grinned happily and turned to them. "Yeah, what's up?"

Jaime gave me a confused look and Kellin just shook his head in amusement. "A few things. . ." Jaime then started. "First, why did he call you Fuentes? And second, there will be a food critic coming this week and I desperately need your help."

I grinned again. "Wow, you're finally admitting that the food in this place is in fact terrible?" I teased.

Jaime shot me an unimpressed look. "It's not terrible, Max. . . but we could use an extra star on our rating." He said.

I arced an eyebrow. "And how do you suppose we do that exactly?"

Jaime gave us both a 'glad you asked' kind of smile. He clapped his hands together and rubbed his palms against each other eagerly before he spoke again. "You two are going to find me a replacement cook for that day."

What?

"Oh I know someone!" Kellin then quickly chimed in, raising his hand like he was in class waiting for permission to speak. "Vic is a great cook, isn't he? He could totally do this!"

I snorted and shook my head. "Yeah, no way I'm making him do that. It's bad enough that he's married to someone who works here at all." I stated bitterly.

Jaime frowned, his whole face screaming confusion and shock. "Wait, did you say married? You two are married?" He asked incredulously.

Kellin giggled and I just nodded, a proud grin spreading across my lips.

"Wow, just when I thought that no one would ever be willing to put up with your ass." Jaime then murmured softly. "Guess miracles do happen."

I scowled and threw the iPad in Jaime's direction, forgetting for a second that it was in fact an expensive piece of equipment instead of my old notepad. See? I knew that these iPads were a bad idea. But then again- they packed more punch than a notepad did.

Jaime caught it just in time and sighed. "Well, go arrange that he can cook for me that day. And I mean it- we need this."

I rolled my eyes and folded my arms over my chest. "Fine."

Of course I knew that if I'd simply ask Vic if he would want to do it, that he'd be stupid enough to say yes. Hell, I think he'd even get excited about doing it. The Dork.

So after I got out of work, and was met at home with my perfect, dorky husband making dinner in the kitchen, I decided to just drop the bomb on him.

"So, Jaime is making me ask you something really dumb. . ." I started as I sat down on one of the bar stools. Vic looked at me, eyebrow arched as he kept whipping around the veggies in the wok. "There's a food critic coming to the diner this week and Jaime knows how shitty the food actually is, so he wants someone to replace the cook for the day- just that day."

"And he wants me to do it?" Vic then asked, a small smile tugging at the corner of his mouth.

I rolled my eyes. "Yep, basically." I murmured. "I knew I never should've bragged about your cooking skills to Kellin. . . this is all his fault."

The smile on Vic's lips grew and turned into a satisfied smirk. "You brag about me at work?" He wondered.

I chuckled a little. "Oh baby I brag about you everywhere." I admitted without shame. "Hell, I would even brag about you at an abortion clinic about how you're so good that you haven't gotten me pregnant. I mean, how many people can say that?"

Vic frowned and shook his head, laughing softy. "Sure, I'll do it." He said.

And of course he would.