Chapter 7

Zayn, Louis, and Liam were very comfortable in their home. They had all moved out to the calm of the woods right after college, having all hated the bustle of the city. Of course they went into town for a good drink at the pub or supplies. But other than that they worked from home, all three being writers. Zayn was currently working on a novel, Liam working for some big newspaper, and Louis... Well, Louis didn’t actually want to write, he wanted to be a nurse of some sort, so he wrote medical study after medical study trying to get someones attention.

They were all in the living room, midnight reading as they liked to call it. Well, Lou was watching a football game on mute but what else is new? It was ordinary, a totally typical thing for the three best friends to do. A completely normal day. Liam was about to turn another page slowly, being rather bored by this particular book. It was a good thing too, because when Liam likes books all his senses seem to shut off and he’s completely in another world. It’s a good thing he wasn’t, because if he was, he wouldn’t of heard the scream from outside.

He looked up, the two others doing the same.

“What.. Was that..” Zayn asked slowly.

“Stupid teenagers...?” Louis suggested but, for some reason, he didn’t believe himself.

“Uhm.. I don’t know.” Liam frowned, getting up to look out the window when another sharp cry came then some rushed talking.

“H-Haz! Shh.. Oh my god.. Baby.. It’s ok.. Hazza look at me. No. No don’t close your eyes. Haz!”

The three boys looked at each other, before all seeming to think the same thing and rush out the door. They didn’t have to go far to get to the source of the noise, it was practically in their back yard.

They halted, looking at two boys. Two very skinny and dirty boys. One had brownish hair that looked as though it use to be blonde, the other had very nice curls, but they were matted with sweat and blood. The one who had made the yelping noise was now rolled off his back by the crying blondish one, revealing horrible gashes.

Liam heard Louis suck in a breath, where as he didn’t know if he could still breath. Who were these boys? How did they get there?

The shared another quick glance before it was decided. They needed to help.

Liam went first, the others following him.

“Erm.. Excuse me?” It was a stupid question but Liam asked it anyway, “Are you alright?”

The blonde yelped jumping a foot in the air before turning to look at Liam. He must not of known that some people lived out here. His eyes widened when he saw all three boys.

“Please. Please help him..” He pleaded. He didn’t even bother to ask who Liam was, his thoughts more occupied with the groaning boy.

Liam nodded, “Of course, of course. Come inside, yes?”

Zayn came forward, helping the blonde up, and rushing him into the warm house. Louis and Liam picked the agonized boy up as carefully as they could, apologizing when he groaned. They didn’t know if he could actually hear them.

Getting inside, Louis had rushed himself and the boy who’s named turned out to be Harry  off into a room to fix him up. Liam and Zayn tried to get Niall, the blonde, to calm down the best they could, but he wouldn’t rest until he knew Harry was alright.

“So Niall,” Niall wasn’t looking at Zayn, and he had to repeat his name three times before he looked at him. “What were you guys doing in the woods?”

Niall’s eyes grew wide with fear, looking down, trying to avoid their eyes at all costs. “W-we got lost.”

“Really? Looking at your clothes you must have been lost for a very long time. Come on mate.”

Niall finally met the two chocolaty, warm, brown eyes looking at him.

“You can tell us Niall.”

Niall hadn’t felt trust in a long, long time. Besides Harry of course, but other than that, he had learned to trust no one. But when he looked at those too, he felt safe. Not as safe as he felt with Harry, but he felt warm enough to tell them. And he did, he told them the story start to finish, leaving them with teary eyes (even if they wouldn’t admit it) and their arms around Niall.

“Oh Ni I’m so sorry. Oh um Niall.”

Niall smiled a bit at this, “Ni’s ok. Haz calls me Ni. Oh um Harry. Haz, Harry, Hazza.”

“So, Haz and Ni huh?”

Niall smiled more. “Yea. Haz and Ni.”

It was another half an hour before Louis emerged from the hall, and fell onto the couch across from Niall, between Liam and Zayn.

“How is he? Is he ok? Please tell me he’s ok. Is he crying? Is he in pain. I can’t stand it when he’s in pain-”

“Slow down mate slow down!” Louis chuckled. “He’s fine. He’s just resting, go see him if you want. I left a pair of fresh pajamas for you and you can take a shower if you want. You guys have to share a room, I hope you don’t mind. It’s down the hall.”

“No! No I don’t mind!” Niall got up to run to Harry before stopping suddenly in his tracks and running back to the three boys on the couch, smashing them into a hug. “Thank you so much.”

The all rubbed his back muttering ‘of course’ ‘absolutely’ ‘don’t worry about it’s.

Niall made his way down the hallway stopping at a nice dark brown door. He cracked it open, to see the outline of a sleeping mop of curls on the bed.

He smiled, and almost started crying at the sight of him so peaceful. He tip toed his way over to the bed, drawing back the covers and slipping in beside Harry.

He saw in the dim moonlight that Louis had neatly bandaged Harry’s back and head where he had clocked it on the rock. Niall smiled, silently thanking Louis once again. He reached up moving some sweaty fringe off of Harry’s forehead, and resting his palm against his cheek.

Harry’s eyes fluttered open tiredly, then when they saw Niall they strained to be alert.

“Ni..” Harry cleared his throat attempting to rid it of sleep. “Ni how did you get in here? If they catch you-”

Niall just smiled, pressing his lips to Harry’s, pulling back and resting their foreheads together.

“Oh.” Harry let a lazy smile light his face, “Right.”

“I love you baby.”

Harry smiled, as his eyes fell close. 

“I love you too.”