Asylum

Drip.

Drop.

Drip.

Drop.

Yell.

Spat.

Sniffle.

Pat.

Drip.

Sniffle.

Drop.

Spat.

Yell.

Bang.

Pat.

Yell.

Chaos.

There wasn't often a time in the asylum when it was quiet. God knows how many crazy people gathered up together. Silence is not even considered a word in here.

The rain could be heard through the thick asylum walls,Some dropped down on the floor every once in a while since the roof had holes in it. The sound of rain was partly blocked out due to all the screaming going on down the hall. Todd figured that a wig maker had stopped by and was trying to get some hair,Most likely from the blondes.

Seconds.
Minutes.
Hours.
Days.
Weeks.
Months.

Who knows how long he and Mrs.Lovett had been trapped in here. A minute felt like a day in this hell hole,and the guards were sure to keep time a secret from the crazies. In theory,it made them crazier. And that's exactly what Mr.Fogg wants,Isn't it?

Todd twisted around,Trying to get into a comfortable position on the cold,Wet ground but it was no use. Nothing he ever did seemed to make him comfortable.

Days of only an hour or so of sleep was really catching up to the barber. His sleeping habits haven't been the greatest for the last fifteen years but this has got to be the worst it's gotten.

Although sometimes tired and in need of good sleep,Mr.Todd usually couldn't drift off. How could he? He's surrounded by a bunch of insane people who breathe down his neck and claw at his face everyday for entertainment. Not that he couldn't fight them off. At least four fights have broken out between him and the other crazies here within the last week. Or month. Whichever it was,It was quite frequent.

Letting out a small sigh he finally decided to curl up into a ball in the corner of the room. He shut his eyes in hopes of getting some rest,Though he knew it was unlikely.

Meanwhile,A few doors down,Mrs. Lovett leaned against the wall and stared at the slippery ground under her feet. As usual,Her cell mates were yelling and shouting and fighting and crying and whining and begging and-Well making noises that nobody should have to hear constantly.

She wondered how Mr.T was doing. She only saw him at breakfast and dinner-On days that he felt like showing up. Most days he'd allow her to sit with him but he wouldn't utter a word,and she'd learned that if she said anything he'd move away. He didn't speak much and when he did,It was to the guards,Telling them to kindly fuck off.

She signed and slipped down to the floor,Wincing when she finally hit the ground. Sunrise would be soon and so that she could look forward to. She hated the dark. Horrid things happened in the dark.

******

"Get up brown hair!" Someone yelled. She felt a kick at her side and sat up quickly. She shivered. She'd fallen asleep on the wet and moldy floor,Her clothes were soaking wet from all the rain that fell upon her.