Prologue

"Just tell us who you really are." She spat out, balling her hand into a fist on the table.

The suspect looked up at the two interrogators from playing with her fingers. They didn't know her, but she knew everything about them. One was a young female officer, Liliath Morgana. Quick to draw her sidearm but hesitant to pull the trigger. The other an older man, a hot headed fool. Kain Jicar.

My contract only wanted Morgana and her boss. Jicar, he's in my way. Well, at least her boss is already taken care of. Now all that's left...

Sneering, the woman eyed both officers, not caring that she sat cuffed to a metal desk bolted into the ground.

"Me?" She smirked, toying with them, "Look, I'm sorry about your boss... But it's only my second day working here so I honestly don't kn-"

"Cut the bullshit," Jicar finally stepped in, very pissed off. She rolled her eyes messing with her all too high tech handcuffs. "Those are cypherlock, trust me you won't be able to get out of them. So just do us a favor and answer the damn question."

She gave them a deadly stare, before opening her mouth to speak. "Officer Liliath Morgana.... Commander Kain Jicar. You're on our list."

"Stop fucking around!" The commander stepped back grasping his sidearm, the reference to Blacklist shaking him.

The lighting flickered and dimmed, causing them to look up for a moment. When they looked back down, the cypherlock was on the table, and their captive stood free waving Officer Morgana's key card between her fingers.

You know, I thought they would have ditched key cards by now.

"They really shouldn't make these things out of cypher," She said as Jicar began to draw his weapon.

"How!? Why-" Morgana's eyes widened up at the commander, as blood leaked down his face from where her key card was lodged in his forehead.

"That's why."

Morgana watched him fall dead, trembling as she reached for her sidearm. There was a flash of black, and the next thing she watched was her blaster fall to the ground with her hands attached to it.

She turned back, staring at the suspect. A black curved blade stretched out from the woman's sleeve where an arm should have been. As she approached Morgana, the scythe twisted and receded back into a perfectly normal looking hand. Morgana didn't even feel her arms getting sliced off, all she could do was helplessly watch in horror.

"My contract wants your boss dead. You as well, Mrs. Morgana.... He paid the right people to get the job done." She walked past Morgana towards the nano wall, picking up one of her dismembered forearms on the way. The suspect held Morgana's palm up to the scanner, and it let out a hum as it quickly processed her hand print and opened up. "Jicar, well... He was a casualty."

"Who are you?" Morgana asked the woman in shock, the blood spewing from her amputated limbs.

She turned back towards Morgana, her black arm morphing this time into a hand cannon aimed at Morgana's head.

She pulled the trigger, the silent blast obliterating Morgana's head completely. Morgana's body slumped down, collapsing right next to Jicar's. The lights flickered off and then back on again, with the woman nowhere in sight.

Only a smeared mark against the wall remained, along with two bloody corpses.