Emotional Greenie Celebration

"Hey uh Y/N, can I come in?" Your eyes flutter open as you hear Newts voice. Did you really fall asleep? You run your fingers through your hair and rub your eyes.

"Yeah, c'mon in" The door lightly swings open and you see Newt standing there, he walks into your room and shuts the door behind him. He smells oddly like smoke for some reason. He awkwardly shuffles around for a bit before speaking,

"So, I have good news and bad news... Which do you want first?"

"Bad news!"

"Okay so Teresa got let out of the slammer a day early." You let out a small gasp, why on earth is she out of the slammer??

"W-Why did she get out a day e-early?"

"Well Alby insisted that she was behaving so she should get let out a day early..." You sigh and began to feel frustrated, why couldn't she just be nice to you?!

"Well, what's the good news..."

"You get to come to a greenie celebration!" Newt says with fake excitement in his voice.

"Sorry Newt, but I think the bad news over powers the good news"

"Yeah I know.." He says walking over to your bed and sitting beside you. He looks at you and you lazily look at him back. This is the first time you've really got to notice Newts features. His longish blonde hair that was lightly caked with some dirt, his strong but yet so innocent looking face, his skin that was slightly tanned from being outdoors so much, his direct and captivating eyes, Newt was a truly handsome guy. He just has this kind of beauty about him that's just so genuine, inside and out.

"What?" He says nervously glancing down, "Is there something on my face?"

"Oh no, I was just... staring I guess." You say, feeling a bit weird. He blushes and runs his slightly dirty fingers through is hair. You decide you should change the subject,

"So, what do you guys usually do at a greenie celebration?"

"Well we have a campfire which is probably why I smell like smoke. We also have 'Gallys special juice' and we have the fight circle"

"Fight circle?"

"Well, it's basically more like shoving until someone falls out of the circle"

"Hm, interesting.."

"Yeah it's actually starting right about now, so you wanna head out, with me.."

"Sure, let's go Newt!" He stands up and opens the door for you. You get off your bed and run your fingers through your hair and smooth it down. You turn and see Newt shuffling around awkwardly, you giggle a little,

"Newt, youre being so awkward today..."

"Well I j-just haven't been in your room before.."

"There's no need to be awkward! It's just a room, right?"

"Uh, yeah.."

♥♥Newts pov♥♥

"Why does she have to be so cute?" I mumble to myself, hoping she doesn't here me.

"What'd you say?" She says with an adorable confused look on her face.

"Oh uh n-nothing..."

"Okay!" We walk out of her room and go down the stairs. We reach the bottom and walk out of the homestead. I look at Y/N and see her looking around, taking in the sights of a greenie celebration. The huge campfire, letting off tons of smoke into the air. The smell sweaty boys running around and goofing off, pouring Gallys 'special juice' down their throats. I see Teresa, and Thomas trailing behind her like a lost puppy with that sad look in his eyes. I roll my eyes, I'm so infuriated with him right now. I overheard Y/N and Thomas's conversation while I was on my way back from walking the new greenies to try out thier first job.