Fix Me

A/N Hey there! Just a quick warning, this isn't exactly happy... so yay! Fun times! :/ but I hope you like it anyway!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     You and the Doctor had been travelling together for quite some time now and the two of you had formed an unbreakable bond. There were many times where he saved you, but you'd never saved him. Well, there were times where he'd been an idiot and gotten himself into trouble, but he always seemed to save himself before you could get to him. Sometimes you wished you could make it up to him somehow.

You woke up in your bedroom that the Doctor had put together for you in the TARDIS. He used your memories as a template for the bedroom so that it looked just like you bedroom at home. Well it sort of worked except the walls ended up having ice cream wallpaper on them because you were thinking about ice cream when he scanned your brain. Other than that it was perfectly fine. You decided you needed a bit more sleep and pulled the covers over your body, falling back asleep. Until of course, you heard knocking on your door.

"Come in," You moaned, voice a bit raspy from sleep.

There was a long pause before the Doctor slowly opened your door. He wasn't himself. There was a sort of sadness about him. He wasn't saying anything either. Just staring over at you, his eyes full of pure sorrow and regret.

"Doctor... Are you alright?" You knew he wasn't alright, but you thought you might as well ask. You just hoped it wasn't too serious.

"Yes... No, I don't know, It's just... I've been thinking,"

He paused, and you sat up in your bed waiting for him to continue.

"You're not going to be with me forever, Y/N. It's happened before. People have traveled with me... some left, some got too old, and some died but... I don't want you to," He said, his voice starting to tremble with the words he spoke.

"Hey... I'm not going anywhere," You said standing up and slowly walking toward him.

"They all said that," He answered and looked down at the floor, refusing to make eye contact.

You put a hand up to cup his face and he froze up a little at first, then leaned into your touch.

"Well I'm not them, am I? I'm Y/n. And I am never leaving you." You assured him.

Nothing you said seemed to help him. The sorrow that filled his eyes was still there and you didn't know how to make him better.

"It's different with you Y/N..." He hesitated for a long three seconds, taking in a shaky breath and continued,

"I've never felt this way about anyone..." Another pause, "I would say it's love, but it's more than that. It's something that I can't explain, something that I cannot comprehend, and it scares me because, well, what if something happens to you? What if one day you slip out of my arms and I'm too late to save you? What would I do then? Just forget about you and move on like I did with everyone else?"

He sounded frustrated now and was holding back tears. You wanted to say something but couldn't find any words. You froze. So you stood there, taking in his words and looking deep into those big, sad eyes of his.

"I want to keep you," He finally said.

The Doctor buried his face in his hands, trying desperately to hold back the tears. The tears that he'd been holding back for centuries. All the times he'd forced himself to move on and right now he couldn't.

A quiet sob escaped his body and you wrapped your arms tight around his waist, pulling him in close. He hugged you back as you whispered sweet nothings into his ear before he completely broke down. He sunk into you, slowly moving his body down until he was on his knees, burrowing his face into your stomach and wetting your shirt with tears. The tears of a Time Lord.

The Doctor, your Doctor, was falling apart before you. He was breaking into a million pieces and who was gonna pick them up and put them back together? This was it. This was your chance to finally save him. To comfort him as he had done for you countless times.

The Doctor hugged tighter and you kneeled down with him, holding him in your arms. The two of you had never been this close before. You never wanted it to end.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's all! I actually had a lot of fun writing this even though it's kinda sad. I'm sorry these are so short and take so long to get published. I've been really busy. But Christmas break is almost here and I'll have plenty of time then! Also, if you have any suggestions to make my writing better, or some ideas for another one shot please let me know. Thanks for reading!

xxx