The Lucky Ones - Sneaky Peak

Willow McFall had always believed that it was impossible for someone to love someone like her. That is until Sawyer Matthews turns up. 

Willow has never allowed anyone to get close to her again to save her from wounding up hurt. No matter what Willow throws at Sawyer he seems to keep sticking around.

Will Sawyer be able to show Willow that it’s possible for someone to love her? But will he also be able to bring her out from the shell she's become so used to hiding under?

--

Sneak Peak *first six paragraphs* :

I’ve always believed in the fairytale love that you read and hear about but I believed it only happened to the people who really deserved love. I was never one of those people, I was also never one who was just going to stumble upon it. I was selfish. I put myself before everyone, all because I was scared of being hurt again. That was until this boy, Sawyer Matthews showed up determined to prove me wrong.

He’d been standing in the corridor, clearly waiting for someone to finish up in Mrs. Quinn’s room, where I was waiting to go for my weekly appointment with her. She’d finally got me to stop calling her a Shrink, she’d said it made her feel like a elderly shrivelled up women, but to me she was still a Shrink I just didn’t say it around her anymore, instead I wrote it in my journal.

The door opened to reveal a small girl, around ten years old. Her hair was pulled into tight high-up bunches on either side of her head, and she was smiling bringing out a bright picture to hand over to the boy, who smiled examining it before praising the girl for how good it was, but really it was terrible. Everything about it showed no potential in the art department, it could have been done by a three year old, but I wasn’t one to judge, I could barely draw a straight line with a ruler, never mind anything actually creative.

“Miss. McFall are you ready?” Dr. Quinn asked looking over to me, only to see me slouched down into a lazy unlady like position. Usually she starts our sessions with telling me how I should take more care with how I sit as I’ll grow to regret it. Honestly, out of all the things I’d come to regret I highly doubt my posture would have been at the top of my list.

Getting up silently I walked past the boy who seemed to be watching me intently as if studying me, “What?” I snapped, sharply although he didn’t seem to flinch or move just met my gaze and shrugged.

“Nothing, I was just trying to work out your eye colour, they are almost grey, incredibly beautiful and rare.” He added, his voice seemed to stay subtle as if just pointing out a fact. Compliment or not I wasn’t prepared to start up a conversation, so I ignored him walked into the small boringly decorated room Quinn had been given

-

A/N : So, I've been working on this novel for a while and honestly I'm planning on posting it up in August, when I will hopefully be really far in to update on a regular basis for you guys. I really hope you guys like the idea! Let me know what you think please :P

I'd also like to say a big thank you to Noelle for making me the cover!! :)

~Rhi xoxo