7 - Jamie

‘All I know is you‘re so nice to me, and you’re the nicest thing I’ve seen.’ 

Looking at the clock I noted that I had five minutes until I was supposed to meet Sawyer outside, but I sat still debating whether or not I should show up. Maybe he was tried of trying and would leave with out me. The thought saddened me. Sawyer was the closest thing I had to a real friend, maybe I could really consider him a friend, at that thought, it made me think that I should put more effort in, then again things are always easier said than done. 

Dragging myself outside to be met by a cold, chilly breeze I saw Sawyer standing slouched against the car waiting for me. “Change of plans, we’re driving.” He held up the keys and jiggled them in front of me, cause them to chime. 

“Okay,” I said before walking down to climb into the passenger seat. 

“Good morning,” he smiled before starting up the engine. “I’m not going to ask about yesterday, but I am going to tell you to just ignore them I meant what I said.” He said quietly as we began driving away from our houses. I didn’t know how or what to reply with, instead it just left a eerie silence in the car until we reached the first town. 

“Okay, this is really making me feel awkward.” Sawyer said breaking the tension, and drew my attention away from the window and to look at him. 

“Have you ever seen the movie, Pitch Black? Well, you have eye’s like Ridick, not the same but I mean eye’s that you don’t ever see, and they are really nice.”  I smiled before turning back to the window, telling myself how much of an idiot I was. Who phrased a compliment in such an idiotic way? Oh yeah, me. 

“I’ve seen both films, and thanks. I always thought though it’d be really cool to have eye’s like his at least then I have two eye’s that are the same.” 

“Why? At least you have an advantage of getting the preferred eye colour from the girls you date.” I smiled, blushing slightly. 

His lips curled up into smirk, “I’ll let you know which one she prefers when I’m dating someone so you can see that right.” 

I quickly changed the subject to his friends, hoping to get off the topic of dating people before it could actually progress into anything. “So, what friends are we going and seeing? Well of your friends.” I quickly corrected. 

“Just three, like I said I didn’t really have many friends, there’s Jamie Wyatt and his step sister Raven Wyatt, their parents recently got married a few years back, well remarried since obviously they were married before, oh and there’s Andrew Sutton.” 

I smiled and went back to looking out of the window, watching cars pass us by. 

***

“Hi I’m Jamie, professional kisser, give me a call sometime. That would be the lamest way to pick a girl up.” A tall, somewhat baby faced boy said smiling like he was proud of his response towards the girl and boy standing beside him. 

“Yet it’s no better than any of your others.” Sawyer added as we walked up beside them where they all seemed to rush forward toward him. The baby faced boy brought him in for a bro-hug as I’d heard many a people call it. 

“I still can’t believe you left me, do you know how bad this guy is at being my wing man, he ends up hitting on them and stealing the girl, dude come stay with me. Oh, hey, who’s this?” He asked nodding over towards me. 

“This is Willow, and Willow these are the freaks I call friends. Jamie, Andrew and Raven.” He said pointing to each of them, and each greeted me with a friendly warm smile, and polite hey or hello. 

It was like a fresh start, none of them new anything about me, I was a normal girl who’d tagged along with Sawyer to them. I wasn’t the girl they wanted to avoid because they’re social standing would fall if they were seen talking with me. They wouldn’t have any problems, nothing would occur from anyone. I was just Willow. 

“So Willow how’d you meet Sawyer, he didn’t find himself another wing man right because if that’s how you to got together, well I am honestly heartbroken.” Jamie smirked, placing his hand over his heart, pretending to gesture his heartache. 

“He’s my neighbour and we aren’t together.” I smiled slightly quickly clarifying the last part. 

“You are a complete idiot.” Raven muttered before smiling towards me. “Unfortunately you will be hearing him talking non stop through out the whole of the day just smile and nod and he’ll think you’re listening that’s what I do.” She laughed as the boys began to talk away behind us. 

*

It was nice to be around in a group of people who wanted you to talk. Although, I stayed quiet letting them all catch up and just listening to the stories and jokes and topics. It was the most I had seen Sawyer smile in a day, even though he seemed to have one there almost permanently, you could tell that he was far happier here than around the people back home. 

“So you and Sawyer really aren’t together?” Jamie asked, sitting down beside me on the grass, as the others were lost in conversation. 

“I’m positive. I’m pretty sure him and this Amy chick are going to hook up anyway.” 

“Well, then if that’s the case, would you like to maybe go out sometime, I could catch a train over, take you to see a movie or something?” He smiled flashing his teeth where I noticed his fangs were extremely pointed, it was cute, although I couldn’t help but freeze up for a second. 

“Um, sure, but maybe I could come over here instead.” I said, not wanting to turn him away. I’d never been asked on a date, and now it was finally happening, although I wanted to ask Sawyer if it was okay, as if I needed his permission I reminded myself he wouldn’t care he’d most likely just smile anyway. I just hoped he’d agree to allow me to catch the train over, maybe I could bring Sawyer for comfort though and try get him to bring Raven and make it like a group thing. I didn’t want Jamie to realise or hear the rumours that went around about me, as long as I could keep him from finding out maybe the date would be okay, maybe this could be a chance for me. 

A/N : SURPRISE! Bet you didn't think an update would actually come at all this month, aye? Yeah I'm pretty shocked. I know it's a really short chapter but hopefully when I write the next one it'll make up for it. 

I am really sorry but updates will be really rather slow as I've started college and I've taken two every full on subjects and one kinda calm. Biology, Chemistry and Business. YAY A-LEVELS. yeah no. I had a test in Chem, and I had an hour and I ran out of time leaving a whole page and half. I'm kind of panicking since I didn't answer every question either. I'm not sure why I said that but I also have a test in Bio coming up, so I'm a little busy as we can tell. 

ANYWHO, I really hope you enjoyed this chapter. How'd you think Sawyer will take it when he finds out Willow and Jamie will be going on a date? ALSO let me know what you think about this whole date idea, will it go well, will it go badly? Who knows? Oh I do :P Mwhaha. 

Hope you all are doing well and I'll update ASAP! :P Thanks a bunch for your patiences guys :D 

-Rhi xoxo