Chapter 2- Checkpoint: Hide and Seek

*Ivy's POV*

I see Benkei fighting with all his might against one bot but one came up behind him and his weapon slashed down at him.

"Benkei!" I call out to him and he looks back but it was too late. The bot slashed down at Benkei and he disappeared with a glass crashing sound. I was paralyzed on the spot. Something popped in front of me.

'Player eliminated: Benkei' it said and my hands started to shake. "Ren what happened to Benkei!?" I scream to him as I heard the clashing of weapons.

"... Ivy--"
"Please tell me that he's okay!"
"Ivy listen to me! Things happen!"
"'Things happen'!? What do you take this for!? A joke!? Someone just died and your going to sit back without doing a single thing!?"

While I was ranting to Ren, Ichika yelled out to me. "Ivy! Look out!" I quickly move out of the way and the bot's weapon pierced the ground.

I took my chance and swung my sword at it's head. It also disappeared with a shattering sound. "Nice job, Ivy! Let's take care of the rest now!" Ryo said aiming his gun at the bot and shot rapidly.

"I may not be of much help but I can tell you their weak points when you need them. Or nearest safe houses. Or just where anything is in general." Ren says and I point my sword out to another bot.

I don't want another one gone. I want to get everyone out of here alive.

It took a while but we beat the bots and I look at the ground. There was a shiny black gem on the ground. "What... Is this...?" I pick it up and an information bubble popped up beside it.

'Lost fragment: Benkei' I look at it and grimace. "Ren, what's a lost fragment?" I ask. "Lost fragment? I've never heard of that before. What does that info bubble say?"
"It just says its benkei's lost fragment..."
"If that's the case... Keep it with you."
"Ah, right."

I put it in my inventory and sigh. "Let's keep moving. We don't have forever." Ruvel says putting away his scythe. I drag myself along behind everyone regretting not trying to save Benkei's life. We stroll along until someone popped up in front of us.

A wizard? Is it the enemy? I ask myself and our surroundings suddenly change. We were in a creepy old house with barely any light coming out of the bulbs. An information bubble pops up again.

'Hide and seek: the one to be found first is the loser and will pay a great price. Hide well.' The bubble said.

What kind of scary game is this!? I ask myself and everyone's faces turned into a poker face. I heard creepy counting in the distance and we all ran around the house to find a place to hide. I hid in a closet that had a strange substance on the floor. I heard the counting go down.

"7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2..."

It was that moment when I released I had been standing in a pool of blood. I cover my mouth trying not to scream out. "Ready or not... Here I come." The voice said and I quiet my breathing forgetting about the pool of blood at my feet.

Not long after, I heard the door slowly creak open. Footsteps walk around the room. I thought I was done for when I heard a sword unsheathe and it sliced through the air. I heard something drop to the floor and another bubble popped up.

'Congratulations. You won the checkpoint. Proceed to the front door.' I slowly open the closet door and another bubble pops up. 'Player eliminated: Kinshiro'

Frightened, I look over and see kinshiro's slump body laying on the floor. I slowly walk over to him and he disappears with a glass shattering sound like Benkei's.

A green lost fragment laid on the floor and I pick it up. "Kinshiro's lost fragment..." I sigh and put it in my inventory and head to the front door. The image of Benkei and Kinshiro's death, remaining in my head.

Let this game end sooner that later...!

~ To Be Continued ~