Chapter 5- A Lost Weapon

*Ivy's POV*

Hyuga, Lionel and I all walk into the kitchen and start to prepare dinner. I was a nervous wreak because they both kept shooting glares at me. No one spoke a word though.

After we made everything, we set it down at the table and everyone started to eat. I glance around and see people with not full bars of health from the fight outside earlier. But after they started eating, I saw that their health rised up again.

I hope this works... I thought to myself and continued to eat. After everyone finished, I took care of the dishes and we all went to bed.

In the morning, we all got woken up from Ren yelling 'wake up'. Everyone got up and we left the safe house. "Hey Ren? Is there someplace we can stop and train?" Willem asked. "Yes. There is a small village not too far from where you are now. There are places there where you can spit up and train for your specialties. When you get back to the forked road, follow the one path you didn't take."
"Alright."

I spoke up. "Also... Is there some way to make money?"
"Money?" Ren asked surprised. "We need money for food and... I seem to have lost my sword someplace... I would like to buy a new weapon."
"Hold on I'll see if I can hack the server and get you the money you need."
"Thanks."

We continued walking and we were back at the forked road. I stop in my tracks and look around. "I'm pretty sure this is where I lost my sword..." I mutter and Soji walked over beside me. "Looks like it gone now if this is where you lost it. You can re-equip it?"
"No, it's not in my inventory."
"That's weird."

Hyuga began to grumble. "Your fault for losing it. Now your just dragging us behind."
"I'm sorry..."

Hyuga huffed and began walking the other path. I sighed and we all walked behind him. I felt a tap on my shoulder and saw Ruvel. "Don't mind him."
"No he's right. It's my fault for losing it. I need to get my act together."

Once we reached the village Ren spoke up. "Alright I finished hacking the server. Right now the most I can give everyone is 400 coins. Do what you can with it. Ivy, you can either get food supplies or a weapon."
I looked down. "I guess I'll get a weapon then..."

I heard grumbles coming from behind me and I shook it off. I can't let it get to me! I encouraged myself. Sion put a thumbs up to me and began speaking. "Good choice! Not much you can do without a weapon. I'm sure we can get more than enough supplies for food with what we have." I nodded. "Thanks Sion. Where should we go first? Training or shopping?"

We stood and talked it out for a while. Soon we all agreed to go training first. We spilt up into uneven groups. Ryo, Hyuga, Lionel and Willem went in one group. Enya, Hotaka, Sion, Soji, Ruvel, Yoshitsune and I were in the other group. This depended on the training we were doing. Ryo's group would have targets while we would be sparing against one another.

"Let's make a stop first." Enya said and pointed to a store. "What do we need there?" I asked. "What do you think?" We walked inside at his question thrown back at me. We were in a weapon store. "You can't spar without a weapon. Let's see what we can find." Yoshitsune said and everyone scattered across the store.

I looked around at everyone browsing through different swords and I smiled before joining them. I looked at a sword and picked it up only I ended up struggling to carry it. Ugh! This is super heavy! I heard laughing behind me. "That's not suited for you at all." They said. I looked back to see Hotaka. "Y-yeah! Your right!" Hotaka lifted it out of my hands and put it back. "We need something small but not cheap."

Just then, Ruvel called out from across the store. "I found one." We rushed over to find a red handled sword. "How much is it?" Soji asked. "Its 600 coins."
"That's a lot!" I said surprised at the cost. "That's okay! I can pay what you can't!" Sion said happily. "Uh oh..." Soji sighed. "N-no! That's okay!" I shook my head at Sion. "Ivy, it's no use. When Sion says he will pay for something... He means it. You can't talk him out of it."
"Really...? O-okay then..."

Sion paid the difference and we left the store. "That was a terrible idea..." I muttered and un-equip my sword. "I still have 200 coins so it's fine." Sion said. "That's not the issue..."

We all got to the gym and we sparred against one another. Our levels went up by quite a bit that day. It was noon by the time we finished. We met up with Lionel, Ryo, Hyuga and Willem before heading into the store and buying food supplies.

"Let's head back to the safe house for tonight and continue tomorrow." Lionel said. We all nodded and headed back to the safe house. When we got there it was already dark then Ryo asked "Whose patrolling tonight?" Hyuga volunteered and went outside.

I mustered up my courage and ran outside to catch up to Hyuga. I almost reached him but before I did, Hyuga took out his arrows and aimed them at me. I quickly stop and Hyuga sighed. "Your reckless. I'm out here searching the area for enemies and you come running along like an idiot." He said and put away his arrow. "Sorry."
"Whatever. It's your fault for being so carefree."

Hyuga turned on his heel and started walking away. I walk beside him and he looks down at me dissatisfied. "What do you want?"
"Nothing."
"Good. Then go away."
"H-hang on a moment!"
"What?"
"Why are being so mean towards me? Did I do something wrong?"
"It's none of your business."
"Yes it is!"

Hyuga stopped and glared at me. "Fine since you want to know so bad. I don't trust you." My eyes widen in surprise. "Huh?"
"The others may trust you but I sure don't. All you do is slow us down. If it were up to me, I would have abandoned you from the beginning." Hyuga stated and walked off without me.

All I could do was watch him leave without another word.

I stood alone in the dark.

~ To Be Continued ~