Press Your Luck

This little ditty was part of a challenge where I had to use a specific set of events and character types to create a story with a limited amount of words. 

  Geoff, world famous gorilla, and action movie veteran, primped himself in the reflective lake waters outside his Amazonian jungle home when was blinded by a dizzying burst of light.

"Mr Gorilla!" called an unfamiliar voice, followed by a cacophony of flashbulbs. "Your hair is white; unusual for a gorilla. Is your mother's drug issue responsible? Did she smoke while she was pregnant? Drink? Gorge on trans-fats?"

Geoff ignored him, and instead concentrated on the preparations for his upcoming nuptials.

"Did your mother sell you for blow, crank, ice, or Betty Crocker Brownies? Do you have abandonment issues?"

Geoff snorted in anger but the pressman continued "pressing".

"Rumor has it your father was an illegal pinata smuggler. Is there any truth to these allegations?"

Geoff was about at his limit when his fiance, struggling pop star, Bianca Bell, arrived on the scene.

"Oh my, God," she whined. "Can't y'all paparazzi just leave us alone? It's my special day, ya'all!"

"Ms. Bell!" yelled the reporter. "Are you marrying a gorilla to rebel against your father or because he reminds you of him?"

Bianca buried her face in Geoff's massive, furred chest. "Geoff, I can't take this! I'd rather elope than deal with this circus, darlin'. Let's just go to Vegas."

Geoff grabbed Bianca into one of his heavily muscled arms. With the other he tore off the reporters left arm and smacked him in the head with his own appendage. The reporter folded in half like a metal chair.

Geoff wrangled a nearby vine and swung away from prying eyes, while he delicately clutched his future wife.

"Geoff," groaned the reporter. "You have a penchant for violence. Were you beaten by midget clowns as a child?"