•1

Rain drops rippled the slightly flooded pavement under the dark grey sky hovering above the land. The sound of thunder clapping jolted many by surprise, including me. I was drenched from head to toe, but I could not run because..

What lies in front of me is just a vast sheet of black void.

The sound of my white stick -a universal colour stick for people who are blind to use- hitting the ground was barely heard because of the pouring rain, deafening my delicate ears.

"The weather forecast did not warn about the rain.." I spoke to myself under the storm.

Once my stick hit a ground where it is slightly lower than where I was standing, I knew it was the road. Thinking that there were no vehicles around, I crossed the road cautiously. Unfortunately, I could not hear properly because of the rain. The frequent droplets sent vibrations to my eardrums which greatly effected my hearing. However, there is a sound I could hear very well even with this nuisance.

The sound of a car honking desperately.

At that moment, I knew surely I will leave this world. My emotions could not process fast enough until I felt my feet were instantly removed from the ground, dropping my stick on the way. A strong arm grabbed onto me tightly around the shoulders. My right arm pressed onto something hard and warm. Even with the rain, I could smell the metallic scent of..

...blood.

Once my feet landed onto the ground again, the unknown man still held me close to him. I balanced myself properly and unconsciously grabbed his hand for support.

"Tha-"

"Be careful next time." He interrupted with a harsh tone of voice.

It did not faze me though.

"Thank you.. I'm sorry..."

I could hear him let out an inaudible sigh before scooping me into his arms again. Judging by the strong breeze I felt despite the heavy rain, I knew he was dashing for a certain place. I held onto him without a question. I have nothing to be afraid of. I had nothing to lose. If there must be something I'm afraid of, then it is enjoying this world because it will only bring me pain.

Finally, his pace stopped and I could not feel the pitter patter of the cold raindrops anymore. I was engulfed with a dangerously cold temperature from the drenched clothes I was wearing. I shivered in the man's arms and my teeth chattered uncontrollably.

I heard him twist a doorknob open and closed it behind him. A bright light shown above my eyelids, but I was still incredibly cold to the bone.

"Ayato?! What are you doing here?!" The sound of a girl's voice reached my ears.

She sounded shock, but most of all, she was angry; though, there is a tint of longing in them.

"This girl, help her." He replied monotonously; even though it was barely there, I knew his voice was laced with the slightest bit of worry.

I heard the creak of the wooden staircases and my long raven black hair dangled down, droplets of rain water dripping on to the floor. The young man, judging by his voice, who was carrying me laid me down on a soft material. My body slightly sunk down on what I assumed is a mattress. I felt it getting soaked slowly and my consciousness slipping away due to what I assume is a cold, or worst.

My health was never good to begin with. I have been under the storm for a very long time and resisted the cold for what seemed like hours. I was almost sure that I had high fever, but I really did not care.

I was prepared.

Prepared for death.