•3

"I can smell the scent of blood on you. Since the first day we met." I uttered.

Furthermore, it wasn't normal for humans to roam freely on rooftops as though they were ninjas from the olden days; it wasn't even normal a human to fall from a height without dying or at least, being injured. I was sure he's anything but human.

Possibly exposing his identity which the world couldn't and wouldn't accept was probably my death wish. He could easily murder me right then and there, but I was sure he wouldn't. I believe him.

"Are you scared? If I am?"

His voice was quiet when he asked that question, it was as if he was afraid of the answer I will give him. I could picture a silhouette, my image of him, looking at a space with an upset expression. I wondered again about him.

How does he look like?

I reached out my hand and it touched a soft fabric, I continued to move my right hand upwards, hoping to touch his face and it did. He felt a lot taller than I was, my arm hurt from reaching up high. I cupped his cheek which felt cold and soft. My pinky traced his jawline and I let my thumb trace his nose to his lips. His jawline was sharp and his nose felt narrow. His lips were thin and it wasn't smiling. The entire time, Ayato made no move to stop me.

I lifted my hand to his forehead and moved his hair to the side. I was curious about his appearance.

Heaving a sigh, I removed my hand from his face. He probably thought I was being creepy, touching his face without consent; or this could potentially be a factor to have me dead. Suddenly, he grabbed my wrist and placed it back on his cheek.

"Aren't you scared?" He questioned softly.

I smiled at how timid he sounded, "No, I'm not. You won't hurt me."

That was true. If he truly was a ghoul, he would be a ghoul with feelings and a good heart. Why would he save me otherwise?

My thumb touched his lips and it curved upwards. He smiled, just a little bit.

"I would never." He whispered so softly, I don't think it was meant for me to hear. But I heard.

•••

It has been a few days since then and I was left alone in my room, my father grounded me for not returning the nights before. He cares very much for me, I know, I understand; I was his only daughter, his only child, but I'm also a child with an unfortunate gift.

I sighed as I sat on my bed, there was nothing I could do. I suppose this would do good for me, thinking that life is boring would make me feel less pity about myself. Then, the thought of dying wouldn't be so sad.

How much time was left?

Knock! Knock!

Tap! Tap!

That was weird, I don't usually hear tapping sounds in the house. It sounded muffled. Brushing it aside, I granted permission for my visitor to enter my bedroom.

"Come in."

The door creaked open, a couple of shuffling sounds followed after.

"Good morning, Hisako. How do you feel today?" My personal doctor asked. He was hired by my over protective father to live in the same house as I in case I have an episode. He's a man about the age of 50.

"I'm fine." I could hear him sigh, he was a kind man. A very caring man and full of sympathy that I don't need. His assistant, a nurse, was the same. Both very kind people and I hoped they would leave to treat people who could be saved. Those patients deserve their kindness and attentive care.