4 - Keeping It In The Family

I did some research of the Greek God family tree while writing this chapter. Yeah I know it's creepy Zeus knocked up his sister.

"Wait what?" His question had definitely caught me off guard. Queen of the underworld? What did that even mean?

"It's pretty simple really. You marry me. The end." Hades spoke so casually as if he had not just proposed marriage to me.

"But you're a God and I'm a human... You don't have to marry either way." I was so stumped on the situation never been so confused in my life. What did he want with me?

"Anyone would jump at the chance to marry a God. Especially one as dashing as myself." He stated at me with such an intensity. "But if you must know the reason, I guess I could explain myself."

I nodded curiously, readying myself for whatever explaination he could provide as to why he wanted me to marry him.

"I guess I will begin with my fucked up family." He tapped the table casually. "My brother, the almighty Zeus."

He spoke in such a mocking tone as he mentioned Zeus, the leader of the Gods. "He likes to mess around. Can't keep it in his pants besides having his wife, Hera. Great woman by the way. He knocked up our sister Demeter and they had a girl. Everyone is pressuring me into marrying her, Persephone."

"But she's your niece..." I mentioned, wide eyed.

"Exactly! I guess they really like to keep it in the family." a look of disgust graced his beautiful face. "Can't marry her. Won't do it."

"So you chose to marry me instead?" I asked, still completely confused as to why he would have chosen me instead of another Goddess to marry.

"Yes. There is nothing that will piss off a god than a God marrying a human. Sure, no one cares if we take them as a lover, but if one were to marry a human all hell would breAk loose." He chuckled at his one joke about Hell breaking lose.

"So you want to marry me just to piss off the other Gods?" I asked, feeling myself begin to grow frustrated with the ruler of the underworld. "You didn't even consider that maybe I wanted to marry someone for love?"

"What's not to love?" He smirked. "And it doesn't matter what you want. I own your soul."

I finally understood why my mother hated men so much. I couldn't do it. "No."

Hades smiled wickedly at my response. "No?"

I gulped. "No."

He stood from his chair, and began to approach me. I quickly jumped up, ready to run off of I needed to. He stopped in front of me, looking me up and down. Hades' hands wandered down, caressing my side before resting on my hip. I could feel the heat from his hand through my clothes, pulling me into him. His scent was masculine with hints of spice and pine, enticing me and pulling me towards him.

"Maybe I should give you a taste of what being mine feels like..." He spoke lowly, seduction clear in his voice and eyes as he leaned into me. I froze in place, having no idea how to act in that moment as he pressed a gentle kiss against my neck. I could feel the slight stubble on his chin as he began to trail kisses down my neck before I snapped out of it and pushed him away.

"You can't just do that to people!" I felt flustered as I spoke.

"Did you forget I'm a god?" He smirked.

I scoffed at his words as I crossed my arms to close off my body language. "Did you forget I'm a lady?"

"How could I when you're always reminding me? You won't be such a lady when I have you on-" before he could finish the crude statement a new face entered into the doors. He was tall and blonde, and I could only assume he was a God.

"Well hello!"  He was cheerful and beautiful in a way only a God could be. He approached the God of the Underworld and I could immediately tell he was not as powerful and important as Hades. Who was he?

Hades scowled, his demeanor suddenly chAnging to that of superiority. "What do you want?"

I frowned at him and lightly smacked his oversized arm. "Be nice!"

Hades simply gave me a bored look and waved his hand as if to dismiss me. I rolled my eyes, turning to head to my room, disappointed I wouldn't get to meet this new God.

"Hermes by the way!" The blonde smiled at me. I returned the smile instantly. It was kind of cool that I would get to meet the Gods. My mother and I had always visited the temple of Demeter, the Goddess of fertility, agriculture and harvest. The only time I had ever gone to Hades temple had been during the funeral of my grandmother. Funerals were usually the reason people visited Hades temple, besides to pray for a loved ones life (or the death of someone they hated). It had always been a dark and scary place.

"Haven." I introduced myself to the brightest person I had met since leaving the earth.

"Leave." Hades commanded, immediately causing my face to drop. So rude. I quickly rushed from the room, down the hall and into my bedroom to think about all that I had learned and Hades' marriage proposal.