A Different Me

----Melody's P.O.V.----

I walked out of that funeral hone with my head held high. It was drizzling the rain and the sky was a dark grey, but I didn't mind because it kind of reminded me of my life. Sad and Lonely. I took left and right turns, winding down the wet sidewalk. I soon found myself in the middle of nowhere in front of a gas station.

The red l.e.d. sign was flickering Jerry's Gas Station.
It looked about as inviting as a cold shower in the middle of winter. It was the only place nearby and I was becoming more and more hungry by the minute. I reached into my pocket to find my small bag of change that i always kept in my jacket. I counted $15.89 total. It would probably be enough to get a snack and a little extra "something" I wanted to buy. I walked into the run down gas station and went straight to the snacks section. I picked up a small carton of goldfish and a bottle of coke and went to the care and beauty isle. I picked up the bright blue box that read PERMANENT BLACK HAIR DYE and added to the pile of stuff i had in my hands. After I payed I had $3.20 left over. The hair dye ending up costing me a whopping $9!

I asked the man working there if he could tell me where the restroom was. He replied with a sign. "Right there in the back." WOW, that was so helpful, I thought to myself. "Do you have any scissors I can borrow.", I said without trying to sound like a completely creep. He gave me a funny look and then pulled out a pair of children's scissors. "Thanks!", I exclaimed. I realized how weird that must have sounded. I walked as quickly as I could to the restroom. I gave a quick sign of relief that nobody was there and walked in.

I took out the hair dye I had bought. After no time the long, blonde hair I once had was replaced with an electric black color. I still looked too similar, so I used the scissors I had borrowed and cut my hair into a bob. I have to admit it wasn't my finest work, but I could guarantee that nobody would recognize me. I was no longer innocent Melody Whisp, but the new girl she had become. And let me tell you. I didn't want to ever turn back.

-----------------------------------------
I hope you guys enjoyed my chapter. Stay awesome!

-ThatGalaxyGal