Chapter 1

Sitting in my room sucks... I'm so bored, and I'm tired of playing guitar... WHAT ELSE IS AN 9 YEAR OLD GIRL SUPPOSED TO DO! I've played my guitar for hours, I don't like coloring, the girls here at the orphanage ripped my Harry Potter books, and I can't find my CD's! I want to listen to Limp Bizkit or some Black Veil Brides, but I can't remember where I put the CD's. I could ask Miss Hallie, but she would metaphorically kill me if she found out I lost her Limp Bizkit CD... I get up and search my desk drawers. I look in the top drawer and I see the CDs... cue the facepalm over 9000. I see my collection of CDs. Of Mice & Men album and The Flood deluxe reissue, bvb we stitch these wounds, set the world on fire, wretched and divine with included dvd, and their newest self named album, Pierce The Veil Collide With The Sky, limp bizkit greatest hitz, Hollywood Undead day of the dead deluxe version, American Tragedy deluxe edition, and Notes From The Underground Unabridged, Avenged Sevenfold city of evil, and Mötley Crüe theatre of pain and live wire. Yeah yeah, I know, this isn't what normal 9 year olds listen to, but I'm not normal.

About every month, we're allowed to go to the mall. Every time, I go to Hot Topic and buy clothes, band merch, and CDs, then I go to Guitar Center to play random songs, then the art store to buy sketchbooks, pencils, and colored pencils. I also get makeup about every two months. It's 6 in the morning right now, so I decide to get off my lazy butt and take a shower. I get clean and put on a pair of skinny jeans, a black punk skirt with chains hanging off of the waist, One of my mom's old Rock Rebel Shirts, i wear the white one because i can't find the red one, an Of Mice and Men hoodie, band bracelets, my black knee high converse with rainbow laces, and my batman tapers that i got from hot topic. i mess up my hair a bit before i blow it dry so it stays a bit messy. i put on red eyeshadow, then put my glasses on, which i got recently. Yes i know, i'm too young for makeup, but i look like i'm 13. I grab my guitar and it's case and put the strap across my chest. Today is a saturday, and even then, I'm home schooled, well schooled from the orphanage.

I walk out of my room and go to the living room type deal. Ms Hallie is already up making coffee.

"Hello Evelyn, you're up early today" she says. I nod and grab a small coffee cup, pouring straight black coffee in it. I take a sip. "I do not know how you can drink that straight black. I'm 28 and I have to have milk and sugar" Ms Hallie says. I shrug my shoulders. I go to the couch and turn on Supernatural. Ms Hallie sits next to me. "Hey, did you learn a new song? I heard you last night." Ms Hallie asks. I nod.

"I finally learned behind blue eyes all the way through without mistakes" I say.

"That's good" she says. We watch TV and occasionally talk, and I went up to my room to grab sketchbook and pencils at some point, and drew a chibi version of Set the World On Fire Era version of BVB. It's about noon now, and the other girls are out now. First i go upstairs to grab my messenger bag for my sketchbook and my very small amp, next i stuff my wallet in my Of Mice & Men pullover, putting about $120 in it, then I go to Ms Hallie. I keep my guitar with me, because sometimes I play songs in the middle of the mall

"Ms Hallie, I'm going to work" I say. She knows that I work at Hot Topic on every other day, so, saturday, monday, Wednesday, and friday, then work at Guitar Center on the other days. Usually on wednesday, i do half the day at guitar center, then the other half at hot topic. She nods her head.

"Okay Evie, be safe" she says as she makes lunch for the other girls. I nod my head and go to the door. One of the older girls stops me.

"Where do you go every day?" She asks. She's one of the girls who looks like a hoe, heavy makeup, short shorts, crop top, and flip flops. i mean i get that it's summer, but jeez, we are only in tennessee, cover up. I look at her at eye level, since I'm pretty tall for my age.