Chaper.4 {W A R N I N G}

" Listen kiddo, do you remember how you got down here?" He muttered and closed the door behind you two and stared at the door knob.
" I know I fell down, I don't remember how Frisk got down here..."
" You both fell down, both of you never hurt anyone. And Toriel attacked you trying to keep you with her and safe..." he stared off suddenly and snapped back to it "She let you two go and I caught up with you. You arrived in Snowdin a few days ago..."
You fumbled and looked around the room, something about its cleanliness seemed different that Sans personality. You looked down on your shirt half expecting to still see the ashes, but you clean shirt didn't make you feel better. You swallowed and you remembered being thrown against that wall in your dream. What just happened to you was nothing compared to that, mentally and physically.
You remembered what that Flower said to you ' he'll just kill you in this timeline too...'. You glanced at Sans and scratched your arm awkwardly. " So do I have to pretend to remember?"
" No, but it would help if you could be nice to everyone, and not try to kill them... Or something bad could happen..." he stared at you and fumbled with his hands nervously. He suddenly patted your back and laughed nonchalantly " come on kiddo don't look at me like that, it was a joke. How could I hurt you?" He smiled and ushered you out of the room and down the stairs.
***
Frisk sat on the couch next to you and ate their spaghetti peacefully and crunched on the undercooked food while smiling at Papyrus. You on the other hand sat next to Sans and sans watched Frisk while they cut a meatball with a knife. You felt your hand twitch when they placed the knife down and you calmed down slowly.
" Human you must get your nutrients especially if you are not feeling well!" Papyrus motioned toward your food and smiled brightly.
" o-oh yeah will do..." You felt bad suddenly and you picked up your fork and put it into the spaghetti. It crunched as you twirled the fork and when you placed it in your mouth and chewed it popped rubbery. You smiled through the taste and put a thumbs up.
" Maybe it wasn't my best batch human!" Papyrus stood up suddenly and took everyone else's plates. And he smiled at you " I will invite Undyne over to teach me more for you!"
You smiled at the name even though you had no memory of the person. Sans stood up and grabbed some blankets from a closet and walked to you and Frisk and handed them to you.
" It gets really cold at night and the inn next door doesn't give enough blankets, so I figured with you humans being sensitive to the weather..." He glanced at you and patted the back of his head softly and sighed.
You watched as he started off seeming in another world, an idea popped in your head and you reluctantly cleared your throat gaining his attention " what does a skeleton order at a restaurant?"
Sans smirked and placed his hands in his pockets " what do they order?" something about the way he said it told you he has heard this one already.
" spareribs..." you felt a small smile grow on your face and something about that opening pun felt right.
" whats a skeletons favorite instrument?" he sat back down next to you and leaned toward you and you heard Papyrus sigh as he called Undyne.
You thought for a moment and the joke seemed to be on the tip of your tongue.
" Don't hurt yourself kiddo" he laughed and you were caught off guard and laughed shortly. " it's a trombone." He smiled at you and you could imagine his eyebrows raising.
" oh geez" you cringed and leaned into the couch feeling rather happy suddenly.
Sans smiled to himself and stood back up seemingly happy with the situation. Suddenly Frisk patted the table and you shot back up to sitting and watched their movements carefully. They signed something quickly to Sans and made jazz hands, suddenly Sans burst out in a chuckle and motioned to you with his hand to calm down.
" wow that one wasn't very humerus Frisk" he turned to you " they said 'what does a skeleton tile his roof with'?" .
You glanced at Frisk and they smiled at you brightly and swung their feet seemingly happy with them self . " what is it" you glanced back to Sans quickly.
" shingles"
"oh... hahaha... yeah" you smiled and felt some uneasiness slowly fade.
" Well I'll walk you two to the inn" Sans reached a hand up, and you took his freezing one and stood up draping the blanket over your shoulders.
" No wait I must also join in bringing the children to the inn!" Papyrus ran over to Frisk and pulled them onto his shoulders and they squealed happily and signed something that made Papyrus laugh, and they ran out of the house.
***
You watched as Frisk and Papyrus built snow castles, with impressive details and threw snowballs. You smiled as they yelled and Frisks wall was beginning to fall. You liked how they smiled, it wasn't as bad as it use to be.
"Why don't you join them"
"i'm lazy" Sans seemed to lean back and forth on his feet
" I guess you could say you're Lazy bones..."
Sans didn't respond and when you turned he was staring at the ground blankly. You tapped his shoulder and he came back to earth, and smiled again. " that saying brought up some memories... Sorry kiddo"
You heard a squeal and you turned and Frisk rushed Papyrus, something was familiar...
You and Frisk stood in front of the skull of Papyrus, he looked up at you and seemed to fumble over his own words " I believe in you human". You could feel your heart swell and tears prick in the corners of your eyes. Frisk briskly walked over to the skull and placed their foot on the top of it and it cracked, suddenly turning to dust.
Suddenly you were back to the scene in front of you, grabbing Frisks arm and holding them from running to Papyrus innocently. They stared up at you and you must have been making a scary face because you saw tears form in their eyes.
" Human what are you doing?" Papyrus walked over to you two and gently took your hand off their arm and patted your head softly " it was simply a game!"
You felt your breath becoming shallow and you saw that same smile on Frisks face as before, suddenly you were being pulled back and you felt like fear was racing through you.
" hey, hey, hey... Where are you in that head of yours?" Sans grabbed your shoulders and tried to keep your eye contact.
Your breaths were ragged and you stared at the ground before making eye contact. " I'm here"
He sucked in a quick breath of air and sighed and patted your head " you scared me there kiddo, you were like a different person... It almost seemed familiar."
You placed nodded softly and he laughed and turned to Frisk " come on kiddo it was just a joke, let's get you two to bed. or else i'll get bonely"