Chapter.23 {E X P R E S S I O N}

Frisk walked over to Undyne with a smile and held their hand out. Undyne glared down at them uncomfortably.

"Don't think that just because Pap likes you I'll be your friend" Unyne looked away awkwardly "Asgore only needs one more human soul to let all of us out..." she felt her hands twitch and she walked out of the house.

"Unyne that's no way to make friends!" Papyrus called after her and ran out.

Frisk lowered their hand slowly and you saw a frown form on their face, you watched them carefully.

"We need to continue our adventure, tomorrow." you muttered shortly.

Sans blinked and looked lost "I need to come with you"

"No." you muttered harshly "We need to do this by our self"

Sans placed a hand on your arm and you felt his hand tremble, he looked down. You realized he didn't trust you, you couldn't really blame him. With a small nod he stood up and walked to the t.v.

"I'm going to stop asking you to believe in me, I don't think at this point anyone can." You sat up with a burning sensation all over your body "We've hurt each other so much already the trust is going to be hard to build back up." you shakily stood up and he turned to you with a worried expression, his fake smile plastered on.

"I gave up on getting to the surface a long time ago honestly" He muttered, and you wobbled to him. He looked at the remote in his hand "I don't know if I can bring myself to care anymore, all these timelines, memories, dreams jumbled" his smile seemed strained and his posture was submissive "I just rationalize my pain with the hope of another reset." He looked up at you and you realized he was pushing back tears "I still can't shake the violence I have toward you."

You hugged him and he wrapped his arms around you tightly, burying his face in your shoulder. You felt you heart throb and you could remember all the times you hurt him, all the times he hurt you. Hope on both sides.

Alphys wobbled out of the kitchen and when she noticed you two hugging she blushed and hid. You giggled and let go and almost fell, but Sans caught your arm and helped you stand still.

"I heard the talk of timelines, and..." Alphys looked down at her claws and shifted her weight back and forth. "You didn't break the promise, right?" She looked up to Sans and he cringed at glanced at you.

"This isn't the right time."

"Sans" Alphys furrowed her eyebrows "This is bigger than me or you, someone is doing something that's changing the timelines..." She whispered "I don't want you turning like him.."

You felt the throb in your head more and you remembered hands and a black goo, but the face had drifted from your memory, he was on the tip of your tongue.

"Messing with the timelines, jumping back and forth without a reset... I-I'm starting to get scared." her voice cracked and she walked out of the house.

Frisk turned to you with a knowing expression, a familiar smile slipped on their face.

"Kid, that expression..." Sans browbone furrowed and he smiled "well, I'm not gonna bless it with an explanation"