.Four

(For you aspiring authors, check out Ridiculous_ 'Tips and Tricks' book. I contributed a paragraph of my knowledge (Can you believe I even have some of that?) As did some other amazing authors! For my opinion straight up, just personally message me!)

~Juliette

I stared at myself in the mirror. I look different.

Not necessarily in a bad way, but in a way that unnerved me. Jaxon stood behind me, chewing his nails, as he met my eyes through the mirror.

My eyes were black. Not dark brown. Black. An almost reflective black, that you could see yourself in if you looked hard enough. Just like Ace's...

"Look at this on the bright side...We have the Alpha's trust now," Ace offers meekly. He's sitting on the two single bed Jaxon and I pushed together. He was thinking. We didn't know where to go from here.

"He didn't seem like he trusted me," I reply, twisting on my heels to look at him. Jaxon begins to pace, deep in thought. I want him to get back the position of Alpha as much as he does, but right now, I had no idea how to do that.

"You belong to him-"

Jaxon cuts him off with a low threatening growl. Ace glares at him.

"Not in the way pretty boy over there thinks. I mean you're part of his kin, his resistance. There's no more trust to be given," Ace admits. I roll my eyes.

I now have two marks on my neck. One rather brutal one from Jaxon. In the moment, everything seemed so rushed, unlike the other Alpha's. His had been clean, and quick. And he hasn't nearly died after he bit me.

"So how long am I going to be stuck with Satan eyes?" I question. I turn back to the mirror to inspect them. I look so different, I can't even take myself seriously. Ace shrugs.

"Till Jaxon kills the Alpha," Ace says. I glance at Jaxon, who looked more determined as ever. As long as he didn't go searching for the leader of the resistance now. That would be like bringing a knife to a gun fight. And the opportunist with the gun has a whole Pack full of buddies ready to fight.

"When will this happen. And how?" I ask. I drift toward Jaxon, letting him sling his arm over my shoulder. It comforts me immediately, having him touch me.

"Well, I have an idea," Ace drawled. He looked nervous, and I knew no of us were going to like this idea. Jaxon looked at him expectantly.

"It envolves Juliette going back into the trial-"

"No," Jaxon admonished quickly. Of course he wouldn't. I couldn't imagine going back into that arena, and facing Jazz. The trial was due to start up in a matter of days again, as everyone was to recover from the shock of their sick Alpha.

"Listen Jaxon-"

"No."

Ace sighed. It was obvious Jaxon wasn't happy; his arm going tense over my shoulder. It is hard enough to reason with Jaxon as it is. Being Ace, it must be a lot more challenging.

"Juliette. Do you think it's a good idea?" Ace asks, turning his attention to me. Jaxon grumbled something absurd under his breath, which I ignored. I can still imagine the room that I had once stayed in. I can imagine the room where Delani was killed...

"Why would it be a good idea to go back?" I question. I couldn't imagine how this would benefit the situation. What happens if Olivia figures out what's going on? What happens if she find out that I'm part of the resistance? It doesn't help my eyes have changed colour for a start...