.Five

~Day Seventeen, Tuesday

Being back here was not what I expected. I had expected some sort of nostalgia, standing in my old room.

Everything was still strewn around randomly on my side of the room. Jazz had packed up all her things neatly before she had left. Smart. I missed Jazz, and her quirkiness. I definitely need something positive in my life right now.

I glanced at the digital clock on my bedside table. It read 7:22 AM. She would be here any minute now. We were to get ready, and report to the hall by eight this morning. I had no idea what lies they plan to feed to us, but it should be interesting finding out.

I was stuck in the room cleaning for an extra five minutes then I would have perferred, before Jazz opened the dorm door.

She stood there, looking exactly like Jazz did. Colourful pants, loud shoes, and over excitable red hair. Her eyes were alight as she saw me, dropping all her bags in the doorway to rush over to me.

"Juliette!" she screeched, running over to me. I let her hug me, breathing in that familiar scent, that covered our room. We had to be back here, now that I wasn't being forced to stay with Jaxon.

We embraced for longer then I wanted too. When she finally pulled away, she noticed my eyes. She first frowned in utter confusion, then took an unsure step back.

"What did you do to your eyes?" She asks, appalled. I sigh. Having thought about the answer to this for two days now, I knew exactly what to say.

"It's an infection. They aren't sure what it is. Could be from stress...You know, from Jaxon being in hospital," I say, straight faced. I didn't want to lie to her, but this place could be bugged by Olivia, and her accomplices.

"You poor thing. How is he anyway?" Jazz asks. She turns around, still listening. She begins to unpack her things. I don't know what I would have done if she had been eliminated early in the trial.

"He's better now. Out of hospital. But he can't be here till he's healthy again. But he will be back, I promise," I say sternly. If Olivia is listening, she can suck on that.

"So what exactly happened? They haven't really released too much information on it," Jazz tells me. Of course they didn't...

"He bit me," is all I say. I might as well tell her I'm now mated. She could probably tell by the ferocious wound on the side of my neck that was refusing to heal. The other mark from the Alpha of the Resistance was nearly invisible if you aren't looking for it.

"Like a mark?" She questions, her eyes lighting up. I nod, as she pulls my hair back, seeing the mark. She cringed, not expecting to see it look so vicious and sore. I didn't hurt too much. Only if I turned my head a certain way.

"Why does it look like that?" She asked, horrified. I nervously pull my hair back over it, shielding it from her view again. Even then, she kept staring at the near vicinity of my neck.

"He did it wrong. That's why he was in hospital," I try explain. It's not that he did it wrong really, it's just he probably shouldn't have done it. Now he's not even a Lycan, but a Skinwalker.

"I didn't even know it could be done wrong," Jazz said, extremely appalled by my words. I roll my eyes, motioning for her to continue unpacking her clothes.

"Neither did I," I mutter under my breath. Jazz begins to unzip her bags and take her clothes out. None of us know how long we will be here for, so we pack as many clothes as possible, just in case.

Suddenly the sound of a bell ringing in our room went off loudly. It was so loud I had to cover my ears with my hands. It rung twice, like a school bell of some sort, with an announcement. "Everyone please report to the hall immediately."