Chapter 3

*PREVIOUSLY*

'Wait,' I said, pulling away from the hug. They looked at me curiously, wondering what I was thinking. 'My parents, I want to see them,' I explained.

Suddenly, they started shifting uncomfortably.

                     *Percy's POV*

I stared at Chaos and Order suspiciously as Chaos started to clear his throat nervously.

'Percy, your parents...' Chaos looked down, guilt in his voice.

'I think we should show him,' Order suggested sadly.

Suspicion overwhelmed me.

Panic and anger rose up to my chest. 'What happened to my parents?' I demanded. I was getting furious. There was something they weren't telling me.

Order sighed simpathetically. 'Come with us, Percy.' She snapped her fingers and a portal appeared behind her.

The portal was translucent black, outlined with dark purple. No matter how hard I focused to see what was behind, I couldn't see anything. It was as if magic was preventing me from seeing the other side. Which was probably true.

Chaos entered the pothem, followed by Order who nodded towards me. Quickly, I shuffled behind them, hoping not to get lost.

As soon as I stepped into the portal, my whole body felt heavy. My whole surrounding was blur, the colours shifting and changing. There was a piercing pain in my skull. I held my head in pain as my eyes squinted, adjusting to my surroundings.

'You'll get used to it,' I heard Chaos say assuringly behind me as he pressed his hand on my shoulder.

Slowly, my vision started clearing up. I could finally make out the things around me. Everything seemed and felt familiar. Then, I realised. I was in front of the doorstep of... my house? I looked at Chaos and Order, who gave me an encouraging nod.

Hesitantly, I walked up to the door and knocked.

No answer.

Panic was overwhelming me. No, maybe they didn't hear me. I knocked louder.

No answer.

I started worrying. Behind me, Chaos and Order just looked down at their shoes, not helping me.

'Mum? Paul? Anyone in there?' I asked nervously. Something just felt wrong, my instincts told me so.

No answer.

'Hello? Is anyone home?'

Nothing.

Without wasting a second, I took a few steps back and charged towards the door. My whole body came crashing down with the door beneath me.

'Mum? Paul? Where are you?' My voice echoed through the house.

They're okay, I kept telling myself.

If they are, then where are they?

I scanned the living room, trying to find them. My head stopped at a certain direction.

A lump formed in my throat, tears welling up in my eyes. All my muscles tensed as I stared at the motionless arm behind the couch. The arm that was too familiar to ever forget.

No no no no no no no.

'Mum?' My voice cracked. I rushed behind the couch and my whole body froze with shock.